Interesting Day - Blue {P}
Saw an interesting little chase this afternoon, a Pug 206 (maybe a GTi, maybe just a nicely modded one) Overtook me in a densely populated main street with schoolkids etc. I was doing 30 and he shot past, nipped back in before hitting a pedestrian island, and then turned left on a red light. I thought just an isolated case of idiocy and sat at the red light... About 20 seconds later, a black Seat Leon came up behind, pulled around me and turned left on the red before blasting off up the road after the Pug.

The Seat was an un-modded non-sports model with a woman in her 30s at the wheel and a bloke about the same age in the passenger seat. So not your typical boy racer couple. I'd love to know what it was about, whether they were both in an urgent hurry to get to the same destination, or whether she was chasing him. Don't suppose I'll ever know.

Then, when I was trying to make my way across the Queen Alex bridge, I saw a case of typical arrogant driving, everyone has to queue in the left to go along the road leading to the bridge, when it's a bit busy, this queue often stretches across a roundabout. A woman in a VW Passat didn't feel the need to queue so she went in the empty right lane and then edged along trying to push in to the left lane at the exit of the roundabout, I nudged right up to the car in front, the 206 behind me did the same, as did the car behind them, the lorry behind that, the buys behind that, and I think another car or two behind. Anyway, she ended up joining about 7 cars back, after sitting stuck like an idiot in the roundabout exit. The 206 behind me actually cheered and gave a thumbs up to the cars behind out of his window.

So nice to see arrogance rewarded. A truly refreshing change. :-)

Blue
Interesting Day - peterb
Made me chuckle about the Passat. Although.... I've ended up inadvertantly doing similar things myself when I've been in an unfamiliar place.
Nah, she knew what she was doing, think she went home with her tail between her legs this time though. :-)

I was just laughing though when both people in the car behind openly cheered, I forgot to mention, the passenger applauded the cars behind! :o)

Blue
Interesting Day - DavidHM
Leon - CID?
Interesting Day - Armitage Shanks{P}
I was driving up from Baldock towards Ampthill the other day; the road is very wide but not dual carriageway. On the approach to a roundabout, which has room for 2 cars abreast to go round it, someone in a KA came roaring up in the right lane, overtaking everyone in the left lane who wanted to go ahead or left. He turned right at the roundabout but kept going in a 360 deg turn so that he then had priority on the roundabout to join the stream of traffic he had just overtaken but go straight ahead, having gained about 30 places by his efforts. Is this initiative or rudeness?
Both? But there's been a long thread on this and a lot of argument about it.
Oh and a pre-03 MY Leon Cupra or Sport (the earliest ones) with the 1.8t 180 hp engine are only very slightly different from the more ordinary ones, which look slightly sporty themselves.
Interesting Day - Pugugly {P}
initiative
Interesting Day - BrianW
Going home last night on a 40mph single carriageway road I was coming up about 80 yards behind a cyclist and a traffic island.

The car behind me overtook me at well over the limit and then proceeded to go past the cyclist on the wrong side of the island!
Interesting Day - Thommo
Initiative AP. I do it all the time.
Interesting Day - Andrew-T
You may call it initiative, Thommo, but it won't win you many friends, and will probably provoke a variety of V-signs.
Interesting Day - Rob the Bus {P}
To be quite frank, Andrew, and of course not wishing to be offensive, I couldn't give two hoots what anybody thinks, nor do I care how many fingers are waved in my general direction.

When I am working, I am running to a timetable. If I do not carry out this manoueuvre, then I lose five, maybe ten minutes. So, guess what I do? I even do it in my car, on the basis that all of us being good little sheep following the herd gets more than a little tiresome after a while.

Rob
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast."
Interesting Day - SjB {P}
When my brother was learning to drive, he came across a cyclist, wobbling all over the road at walking pace, in torrential rain.

To my mother's consternation from the passenger seat, Bro proceeded to get past the cyclist by using a convenient layby!

Twenty years later, on visiting our parents, this memory is guaranteed to spice up the dinner table conversation whenever it starts flagging! ;-))
Interesting Day - Altea Ego
Last week i drove up the M25 at 07:00 and just as I was turning off to join the m40, a blue noble, reg RAY38, burbled past in the outer lane = hhhmmm Nice i thought.

Coming back down the m40 at 17:30 I joined the M25 and yup the blue Noble Ray38 burbled by in the outside lane. I had been to Warwick and back. Now what are the chances of meeting the same car after a 200 mile round journey and 10.5 hours?
Nil I would have thought, but I'm obviously wrong! :-)

I wouldn't have minded as much if the woman had gone all the way round the roundabout, but she didn't besides, it wouldn't have made any difference, it's a largeish roundabout and the queue of stationary traffic actually stretches across it, so she still wouldn't have priority as the cars that were in the queue already would be in front of her!

Blue
Interesting Day - Technoprat {P}
Nil I would have thought, but I'm obviously wrong! :-)
I wouldn't have minded as much if the woman had gone
all the way round the roundabout, but she didn't besides, it
wouldn't have made any difference, it's a largeish roundabout and the
queue of stationary traffic actually stretches across it, so she still
wouldn't have priority as the cars that were in the queue
already would be in front of her!
Blue

Oops, pressed wrong button!

A few years ago I was slightly tailgated by a BMW driver on the M20 near Dover. 2 weeks later, the same car ran into the back of me in Rome. 3 months later, I checked into a hotel in Perth, Western Australia - guess who the manager was?