MINI One - Broken Aerial Cable - HarveyMiniOne

Hello

Car: Mini One R50 04' Reg

Issue: the Aerial cable coming from behind the dashboard has snapped off, it's just a black wire now with some copper sticking out of it. I am trying to order a replacement Wave stereo (the original) as the previous owner had a halfords system.

2 questions:
1. Is the Aerial cable repairable - can i do it myself (if so, how?) or where can i get it repaired (how much would this cost)?
2. i have seen Wave radios online on eBay for around £20 - can i just buy any of them and plug it in or is there anything else i need to know. have attached an image of whats remaining.

Thanks!

MINI One - Broken Aerial Cable - elekie&a/c doctor
The original factory radio would have been a Philips/ Blaupunkt / Alpine Vdo variety either cd or cassette. Is the original wiring intact . The aerial coax can be repaired, but need to know what connector you have on the replacement unit . What’s a wave radio ?
MINI One - Broken Aerial Cable - HarveyMiniOne

Wave is what Mini called the radio - it was a cassette player. It should be a male pin into a female connector on the back of the radio. How would i go about doing this? Is it the same as this www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUXH6ThCqq0.

I have pictures but can't post on here. The pictures are on here talkaudio.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=4491732#p4491732

Thanks!

MINI One - Broken Aerial Cable - elekie&a/c doctor
That’s the standard quad lock bmw/mini connector . The aerial coax connector will be a concentric button type or a Fakra type . Depends on the unit fitted . Both aerial types are repairable with suitable adaptor leads