Ford Mondeo Zetec Estate 2.0l- litre - Technoprat {P}
I am seriously considering buying a Mondeo Estate registered in January 2000. It has 112,000 miles on the clock and is going for £3,995. We have had a good test-drive and the car seems to be immaculate. There is a full service history available and the car has been regularly serviced at the proper intervals by a Ford dealer. It drives beautifully and is incredibly quiet - not even a tiny rattle to be heard. It has had a new cam belt and pulley kit but we wonder whether at this age it is likely to have anything major go wrong with it imminently. Have we got a good deal? Anybody able to throw cold water on our hopes?
Wow! Not a single reply in 12 hours. Does this mean no-one can think of a single point against the Mondeo? Perhaps we have found a bargain after all.
Ford Mondeo Zetec Estate 2.0l- litre - DavidHM
£3995 isn't particularly cheap for a leggy V-plate Mondeo, but agains that, it's an estate with a good spec and apparently mint.

Obviously try and knock them down a few hundred quid, but if you can't it's not the end of the world as it sounds like an excellent buy.

Just don't expect it to be too easy to sell on in a couple of years with 150k+ on it.
Thanks, David. We checked the car out with the company that has serviced it for the last three years. They told us that it was bang on the money for its age and mileage but that their records show it has never had a problem of any sort and went through a major service 6 weeks ago. I take your point about trying to sell it on with 150k on the clock. We shall drive it backwards for the last 50,000 miles!
Ford Mondeo Zetec Estate 2.0l- litre - Soupytwist
Every day I drive past a P reg one for sale with similar mileage and it's up for £2,995. Don't know if it's a Zetec though, might be Ghia I think it says aircon on the notice.

Matthew Kelly
No, not that one.
Ford Mondeo Zetec Estate 2.0l- litre - Fat Bald Man
What has it been carrying?It costs £1000 more for a new estate and you do not spend that sort of money unless you need to.Get it independently checked and make sure they look at the rear suspension.What sort of warranty would you get.If it excludeds wear and tear you are stuck.The car should be ok but........
Tell me where you can get a new Mondeo Zetec Estate for £4995. They are £16,000+

Al.
Ford Mondeo Zetec Estate 2.0l- litre - Soupytwist
He means that when new the premium for an estate over a hatch or saloon is £1000.
So the inference is that you only spend that £1000 if you really need the extra space to carry something that won't fit in the hatch/saloon.

Matthew Kelly
No, not that one.
Like three kids and the dog!

Al.
Ford Mondeo Zetec Estate 2.0l- litre - Dynamic Dave
I am seriously considering buying a Mondeo Estate.....

From your profile it looks like you've already bought it!!
Quote:- "Just bought a Mondeo Zetec Estate."
Yup! Did the deed this afternoon. Very pleased with it.