Ford Focus - Ford Focus squeak - video/sound - Jean Dean

Ford Focus mk3, strange squeaking noise when driving over 30mph. Whether cruising, accelerating or braking.

See video here: www.dropbox.com/s/chkk9z02bmgq7e9/IMG-9551.MOV?dl=0

Very annoying on motorway or dual carriageways without radio on.

At first thought this was the seat, have GT lubricated all the passenger seat side underneath no difference. However it does seem quieter the noise if a passenger is in the seat.

Appears to eminate from front of car or passenger side but can't pin point it.

Not sure if potential origins are air conditioning, a belt in engine, the car seat, suspension etc.

Any ideas much appreciated, I'm aiming to sell the car shortly and would prefer to solve the issue before sale to avoid a potential buyer being put off or demanding a lower price.

Ford Focus - Ford Focus squeak - video/sound - Westbury33

Funny thing with noises, once you've heard it, you really focus in on it and they car be very frustrating..

In the 9 second clip, I could hear a slight something, but who could tell what it is. If you think its the passenger seat, then perhaps ask a rear seat passenger to adjust the back rest angle, seat belt resting position. Another option might be the seat belt socket, eg what you click the seatbelt into when you put it on. The socket could be rubbing against the seat bolster or there abouts.

I very much doubt a buyer would even notice.

HTH