Ford Galaxy - 2012 - Ex Addison Lee - Ford Galaxy w transmission problem - where to sell - Big Matt

Unfortunately, my Ford Galaxy is starting to show signs of transmission failure. Rev meter is jumping around and some clutch judder.

I will need to change it next year for ULEZ so I do not feel motivated to fix it now. Ford quoted £2500 to replace transmission control module.

What is the best & moral way to sell a car with a fault?

Garage offered me £1500 part exchange

Honest John valued £5000 part exchange

Ford Galaxy 2012 - Ex Addison Lee

95000 miles

Some dents and scratches

Interior is marked in many places

So quite average/poor condition

Seems mechanically good apart from the automatic transmission

Ford Galaxy - 2012 - Ex Addison Lee - Ford Galaxy w transmission problem - where to sell - Ian D
£250 for a second hand transmission control module from an internet auction site, £150 labour and diagnostics, plus a transmission oil change for £75, total under £500, worth a punt?
Ford Galaxy - 2012 - Ex Addison Lee - Ford Galaxy w transmission problem - where to sell - Big Matt
£250 for a second hand transmission control module from an internet auction site, £150 labour and diagnostics, plus a transmission oil change for £75, total under £500, worth a punt?

It is a good point, but I do not really have the time with family and work at the mo. It would be different if I did not need to move it on next year for ULEZ.

I just want to see if their are any selling options that I have not thought of. I guess the options are:

eBay with an honest description

Gumtree with an honest description

Use car auction (what are the fees like)?

Nearest auction is Manheim Wimbledon.

Ford Galaxy - 2012 - Ex Addison Lee - Ford Galaxy w transmission problem - where to sell - SLO76
“ I just want to see if their are any selling options that I have not thought of. I guess the options are:

eBay with an honest description

Gumtree with an honest description

Use car auction (what are the fees like)?

Nearest auction is Manheim Wimbledon.”

Forget trying to sell it privately, no one will touch an auto with a gearbox issue. Trade it in, hopefully the garage assessing it won’t drive it (don’t tell them!) and you’ll get more than £1500. Otherwise send it to auction and take what you can get.

Thanks for the advice.