Ford Fiesta Titanium 2017 - Completely unresponsive with faint internal alarm - Chris Hornby

Came to start car this morning and both keyless fobs unresponsive so unable to open car doors. This has happened twice previously many months ago and so I used manual method of entry.

This time instead of getting the normal message of starting car within 10 seconds (or however long it is) I got no message at all and there's no response from the ignition whatsoever - not even the slightest click of trying to start up. What there is however is a VERY faint electronic alarm type noise coming from the dashboard. It's so faint that it can only be heard from inside. It's not a general electrical hum that you can sometimes hear in a car but a very deliberate (yet quiet!) alarm. I've tried placing the key in the passive key backup position as per the manual but still nothing.

The other car doors will not open internally and as I say there's not even the slightest response when I try the ignition so I'm guessing some sort of immobiliser issue rather than a flat battery. Have also tried both keyless fobs so unlikely that both have happened to fail at same time.

Any ideas? TIA!

Ford Fiesta Titanium 2017 - Completely unresponsive with faint internal alarm - madf

Localised interference?

Sounds like tho: flat car battery

Does the interior light work?

Ford Fiesta Titanium 2017 - Completely unresponsive with faint internal alarm - elekie&a/c doctor
The immobiliser only stops the engine starting . Does not affect door locks or dash lights etc . As above , looks like the battery is flat .
Ford Fiesta Titanium 2017 - Completely unresponsive with faint internal alarm - Chris Hornby

Hmm possibly, will try a jump start once other car is back home but it's that alarm which has got me wondering about another issue.

Ford Fiesta Titanium 2017 - Completely unresponsive with faint internal alarm - conman

Todays cars with that much electrical tech on board should be charged up twice a year, before winter and after. It takes about a 20 minute run to put back into the battery what starting has taken out let alone using the heater, wiper, heated rear screen etc. Then add on top of that stop and start, although if the batteries low this should not work. My last battery lasted 16 years because I never left the battery in a run down state.

Ford Fiesta Titanium 2017 - Completely unresponsive with faint internal alarm - conman

Duplicate post.

Edited by Avant on 20/10/2020 at 11:09

Ford Fiesta Titanium 2017 - Completely unresponsive with faint internal alarm - mhenderson

I don't know if this is related, but my car is about the same year and model. Last week, it suddenly became impossible to open the passenger front door from the outside, though I can lean over and open it from the driver's seat.

I went through the remote control routine to reset as passenger door locked on unlocking, or otherwise, but it hasn't changed. The car isn't used much, but the battery is fully charged. It's already had one replacement CPU under warranty, which is now expired.

I wonder if this is a known problem.

Ford Fiesta Titanium 2017 - Completely unresponsive with faint internal alarm - Dorset123

Good Afternoon,

How did you get the sorted ? Was it the battery flat or was there any other issues.

Thanks