Bora rear fogs - Claybuster
My 2000W Bora has only one rear fog light fitted on the right hand side, but on looking at the light cluster on the left hand side I see its all set up for a fog light apart from the bulb! Does anybody know if its just a matter of fitting a bulb, (and VW being tight) or whether or not the wiring loom is set up for twin rear fogs? I appreciate the safety aspect in that it is sometimes easier to see stop lights when you have only one rear fog light but with more cars having high level brake lights that seems to be less of a problem. Any help would be appreciated.
Claybuster
Bora rear fogs - BobbyG
It might seem too obvious a suggestion - but can you not take the bulb out the right lens and try it in the left to see if it works?
Bora rear fogs - Technoprat {P}
But would a right handed lens work in a left handed socket? Or haven't the motor manufacturers thought of that as another money-making idea?
Bora rear fogs - Altea Ego
But would a right handed lens work in a left handed
socket? Or haven\'t the motor manufacturers thought of that as
another money-making idea?

dont be silly - you just twist it in the other way.
Bora rear fogs - Flat in Fifth
>> But would a right handed lens work in a left
handed
>> socket? Or haven\'t the motor manufacturers thought of that as
>> another money-making idea?
dont be silly - you just twist it in the other
way.

Come on! How do the electrons then know they have to go down the wire to the other socket? Plus you might get white electrons rather than red ones, it's all just a can of worms!

Bora rear fogs - Altea Ego
Yes but its better than the situation at the moment. All the electrons are escaping out of the socket, and falling on the boot floor. The boot is now full of red and white electrons and having pink baby electrons. Dont open the boot i say you will drwon under a pink tide!
Bora rear fogs - Dr Rubber
My Polo and my Dad's Golf has a similar arrangement. The loom is there, along with the bulb holder, so a bulb works. Problem comes when you try to refit the bulb holder assembly. VW don't remove the cutout in the back of the fog reflector on the LHS!
Joe
Bora rear fogs - ndbw
I thought continental cars only had one rear fog light to prevent them being confused with brake lights,is this still the case?.

ndbw
Bora rear fogs - BobbyG
Brings us back to the old argument - should brake lights be a different colour, or perhaps automatically bring on hazards with heavy braking, or is this what the high level middle brake light was invented for?
On that note, was following a Post Office van, think it was the one that is based on a Fiesta, and its high level brake light was actually vertical in the rear glass. I always thought these were supposed to be horizontal? What are the rules regarding them?
Bora rear fogs - number67
And why have 4WD's got 2 sets of rear lights? - the proper ones that the designer drew on the body - which usually aren't wired - and the after-thought 'lets stick them on the bumper' ones - that are wired.

I take it there's some peculiar rule they are obeying in UK or Europe?
Bora rear fogs - Peter D
The cut out is easily removed with a Zip dril and away you go.

Peter
Bora rear fogs - Mark (RLBS)
>And why have 4WD's ..........

I don't know for sure, but I believe that it is related to laws preventing the obstruction of the rear lights by the tail gate.

Since these typically open sideways they will block the lights on one side. Hence the reason that lights, brake lights and indicators are on the bumper below the door.

The ones on the body, at least in the case of mine, are wired but they're fog lights and reversing lights only.
Bora rear fogs - sean
This is a requirement under EU construction and use regs and is to differentiate rear lamps from a fog lamp.

The Bora will almost certainly be the same as my Golf.

You can remove the back part of the rear lamp assembly, with wires and fit the missing bulb, which then works OK.

The assembly then won't go back into the rest of the lamp unit, as there's a blank to drill out.

If you do this, you'll get 2 rear foglamps working, and when you go for an MoT, the car should fail as the new, computerised system, will say your car should only have 1 working.