Comfy convertible now has to tow - BPL
I just set my heart in a Mustang convertible with reserves as 435i or 630i perhaps even a Merc. Then i realise this will be the number one car now so i try looking for towbars. Just to tow a small boat.... Oh dear it seems impossible to find a convertible homologated for a towbar. Tried witter so far. Any thoughts?
Comfy convertible now has to tow - _

I think that you will find that it will be down to structural strength. All those extra stresses have to be allowed for.

Comfy convertible now has to tow - badbusdriver

Jeep Wrangler(!)

Jeep Wrangler(!)

Now there's a left of field idea i quite like the look of them

Edited by Peter, NI on 05/10/2020 at 09:15

Comfy convertible now has to tow - mcb100
Just had a quick look on the UK Mustang owners club website, and there does seem to be some confusion.
The handbook says the car is not approved to tow, but there are mounting points and Ford publish towing weights...
Comfy convertible now has to tow - badbusdriver

Just typed “towing with a convertible” into Google, came upon a (UK) forum conversation from 2016. One reply was from someone who towed a caravan with an Audi A5 3.0 Quattro convertible, he said it can tow up to 1800kg.

Just typed “towing with a convertible” into Google, came upon a (UK) forum conversation from 2016. One reply was from someone who towed a caravan with an Audi A5 3.0 Quattro convertible, he said it can tow up to 1800kg.

Wow will look them up!

Comfy convertible now has to tow - mcb100
A long scroll, but something may leap off the page:-
www.towingcapacity.co.uk/weight-limits/1500kg/