HJ Latest Survey ref COVID - 19 v New car Purchase - paul mack
Hi HJ & Team,
I just thought I would give some feedback on the latest survey you have sent out (received today 10th Sept 2020) for readers/drivers to complete.

Being honest, I found the survey a total waste of time and suggest the findings from it will be total nonsense. (This is NOT a complaint).

The thinking behind my comments are:
You ask that we complete One answer for each COLUMN??

In my opinion, it should have been ONE answer per ROW.

By answering as you suggest is producing a totally different outcome, ie
Ref electric cars, I personally would not have an electric car given to me, I am in no way attracted to them, however, when the survey takes my answers into account it will think I like them because of the way the survey is structured.

Ditto for the rest of the survey.
So for me, a pointless exercise resulting in a false outcome.
Nb Or was that the aim?

Please take these comments as constructive not destructive and I hope you see what I am saying.

Best wishes

Paul

Paul Mack
HJ Latest Survey ref COVID - 19 v New car Purchase - Avant

I haven't seen this, and can't find any reference to it on the website.

Can you tell us where this came from, so that I can pass your comments on to the right people.

HJ Latest Survey ref COVID - 19 v New car Purchase - Andrew-T

I haven't seen this, and can't find any reference to it on the website..

Perhaps aimed at the wrong HJ, Avant ?

Hi all, it was received yesterday via an email (copy enclosed).
Hope this helps.
Thanks
Paul

Paul Mack

Begin forwarded message:

Date: 10 September 2020 at 12:05:07 BST
To: "paul mack"
Subject: ? Has the COVID-19 pandemic sped up your timeline to buy your next car?
Reply-To: newsletter@honestjohn.co.uk

Honest John
Would a fantastic offer speed up when you are planning to buy?

?? There is no doubt about it COVID 19 has changed the way all of us use our cars. But what sort of impact has it had on you as a buyer?
?? Here at HonestJohn.co.uk, we’re keen to find out how the pandemic has changed the way you think about the future of your car.
?? Do you keep an eye on manufacturer offers even when you aren't in the market? Would a good offer get you to buy sooner?
? Our short survey will take no more than a minute of your time. And it’s anonymous, so it doesn’t require you to part with your email address.
?? Your valuable input will help us as we strive to provide the most relevant content for you, our reader.

Click here to take the survey

Follow HonestJohn.co.uk on social media

Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter

HonestJohn.co.uk
5 New Street Square, London, United Kingdom, EC4A 3TW

As of 18 February 2020 the assets of Honestjohn.co.uk were purchased by Mobility Trader UK Ltd (registered company: 12016686; trading as heycar). As of 18 February 2020 Mobility Trader UK Ltd is now the data controller of any data you shared with Honestjohn.co.uk.

You received this email because you signed up to our mailing list. If you’re not interested in receiving our newsletter any more, you can:
Tweet
Forward
Preferences | Unsubscribe

Thanks Paul. I'll pass this on to our site editor.

Hi Guys,
Any further news on this one?

Thanks
Paul

I passed this on. If you want to contact someone yourself, click on Contact at the bottom of this page.

Sorry not to be more helpful: I only moderate this forum, and I'm afraid that this isn't our issue.

I've now had a reply from our site editor:

"Thanks for highlighting this. Several of the team had already seen it and have made changes to the survey that should make it more user-friendly."

Thanks guys.

Paul