2L diesel - 2015 Jag purchase - anything to watch out for? - Charlie Croker

Hello, not posted for a while and looking for advice as usual :-)

Eldest is looking at a 2L 2015 diesel saloon with 65k on the clock.

Are they reliable and is there anything to watch out for?

Many thanks for any advice

Forgot to say, its up for £11k

Also 2015 not 2005!

Edited by Charlie Croker on 05/09/2020 at 18:58

2L diesel - 2015 Jag purchase - anything to watch out for? - _

XF I think?...

Read the jaguar owners forums, and be prepared to have deep pockets. If it has ANYTHING LESS than a perfect Jaguar service history keep well away.

I worked in Jaguar dealerships for a number of years and even with mates rates and discounts I wouldn't touch one with a bargepole.

Thanks a lot for that ORB. Hard to make out the XF on the back of the pics he's sent, looks like X something.. It's not a private sale, but don't think it's a Jag dealer, I might try and talk him out f it but it looks like a heart over head job. And 11k....

2L diesel - 2015 Jag purchase - anything to watch out for? - badbusdriver

With a 2.0 diesel it could be an XE or and XF. The XE is a BMW 3 series rival which first appeared in 2015 and was available with a 2.0d. The XF is a 5 series rival, the first gen ran from 2008-2015 and was available with a 2.2d, but 2nd gen had the 2.0 (Ingenium) diesel.

Not sure about specifics regarding reliability, but a post not too long ago about the Range Rover Evoque mentioned the earlier 2.2 engine was more reliable than the Ingenium 2.0 (which is the same units as used in the Jag).

Thanks again, indeed it is an XE, in case I can't talk out heart over head, anything he needs to check apart from FSH and are they reliable?

2L diesel - 2015 Jag purchase - anything to watch out for? - daveyjp

I had a heart over head and once bought a Jaguar, only 12 months old.

I should have taken notice of the reliability surveys. It was so unreliable I was a regular at the dealership and sold it after 18 months.

I looked at an XE when they were launched. The rear is very cramped.

2L diesel - 2015 Jag purchase - anything to watch out for? - Brit_in_Germany

I ran a 3.0 diesel XF for 7 years with nothing more serious than a rear lock needing replacing.

2L diesel - 2015 Jag purchase - anything to watch out for? - concrete

I had a 2005 X type saloon with the Ford diesel engine. No problems but only had it a year and put 20k miles on it, then I came out of the company car scheme and bought my own. Didn't hear what happened to the Jag after that. But I would not really chance a second hand one, they can be money pits and hard to sell on.

Charlie Croker should use the proceed from The Italian Job to fund this car anyway!!!!!

Cheers Concrete