Peugeot 508 e-hdi - French e-HDI gearboxes and class action lawsuit? - myjess

How come there is a class action lawsuit for the Ford dual clutch automatic gearboxes, but there is no such class action for the e-HDi gearboxes which are woeful?

I have such a gearbox on my 2013 508 e-HDi, and it is a well known fact that these jump out of first, only to decide to slam back into first gear again. Happened to me today, again, driving along in a queue at about 4mph.

I asked in other forums was there any way at all, to change this e-HDi gearbox for the AL6 auto gearbox, or even a manual gearbox, but I was told unequivocally, Nope.

Peugeot 508 e-hdi - French e-HDI gearboxes and class action lawsuit? - badbusdriver

How come there is a class action lawsuit for the Ford dual clutch automatic gearboxes, but there is no such class action for the e-HDi gearboxes which are woeful?

I have such a gearbox on my 2013 508 e-HDi, and it is a well known fact that these jump out of first, only to decide to slam back into first gear again. Happened to me today, again, driving along in a queue at about 4mph.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but if it is a well known fact, why did you buy one?.

Regarding the question of a lawsuit, and the comparison with Ford. Your post suggests the gearbox on the e-HDi is different to that on other auto 508's. If that is the case, the numbers of cars involved will be vastly smaller that those with the Ford Powershift box. Looking on Autotrader, between Peugeot and Citroen (which uses the same diesel hybrid drivetrain), there are a total of 37 available nationwide. Looking at one of the slowest selling Fords using the Powershift, the B-Max, there are 276 of them alone!.

Peugeot 508 e-hdi - French e-HDI gearboxes and class action lawsuit? - mcb100

Edited by mcb100 on 02/09/2020 at 20:58

Peugeot 508 e-hdi - French e-HDI gearboxes and class action lawsuit? - madf

Complaining about a 7 year old car fault with no mention of mileage, service history or usage seems a bit short sighted to me.

Like asking us to judge with zero evidence..

We may be many things but not mind readers.

Peugeot 508 e-hdi - French e-HDI gearboxes and class action lawsuit? - daveyjp

OP. If you want a class action start one.

Ford had buyers in US and Australia and had no choice, especially in the US where litigation is expensive and damages even moreso.

With so few Peugeots sold outside of Europe a worldwide class action is very unlikely.

Peugeot 508 e-hdi - French e-HDI gearboxes and class action lawsuit? - edlithgow

Because Americans?