Auto Express Dealer Survey 2020 - Heidfirst

Thought that people may be interested in this survey just published a few days ago:

www.autoexpress.co.uk/driver-power/92307/best-car-...0

Auto Express Dealer Survey 2020 - daveyjp

Once again demonstrating that working for Land Rover must be the worst career choice anyone can make!

Auto Express Dealer Survey 2020 - SLO76

Once again demonstrating that working for Land Rover must be the worst career choice anyone can make!

You’re underestimating the cash workshop staff will earn from overtime fixing the things.
Auto Express Dealer Survey 2020 - Engineer Andy

I'm surprised that they had sufficient responses to actually allow MG to be included at all, given how few cars they sell in the UK and the low numbers of main dealers.

Anyone got the full list?

Auto Express Dealer Survey 2020 - _

MG sold 2650 cars in july 2020..

Auto Express Dealer Survey 2020 - Engineer Andy

Really? That many? Was this a fair representation of normal sales or just the 'bounce-back' after the lockdown had ended?

My 'local' MG dealer was originally part of a KIA dealership, very few cars sold (this was 5-10 years ago though), they left (the KIA dealership is still there) and moved to another site about 10 miles up the road, which then closed and is now a motorbike main dealer.

After the big pushes for sales when the MG3 and 6, followed by that for the ZS & HS more latterly, I had expected to see more on the roads. Maybe they are popular in some areas and not others.

Auto Express Dealer Survey 2020 - _

After the big pushes for sales when the MG3 and 6, followed by that for the ZS & HS more latterly, I had expected to see more on the roads. Maybe they are popular in some areas and not others.

Year on year MG seem to have done well, official figures are available

I had faults with mine and there are a few tales of rusting on the mg-rover.org forum and a fair few complaints about 1.o gdi 3 cyls (the autos) and a fair few complaints about the chargers for the EV zs. The HS appears to be a large step up in quality.

Newer models have updated software packs, which are not all being applied to all the older ones..

There is an MG5 pure EV with an allegedly stonking range coming soon at approx £26000 ish.

mg.co.uk/mg5-ev/

Edited by _ORB_ on 04/08/2020 at 15:34

Auto Express Dealer Survey 2020 - badbusdriver

Really? That many? Was this a fair representation of normal sales or just the 'bounce-back' after the lockdown had ended?

My 'local' MG dealer was originally part of a KIA dealership, very few cars sold (this was 5-10 years ago though), they left (the KIA dealership is still there) and moved to another site about 10 miles up the road, which then closed and is now a motorbike main dealer.

A local dealer group has been suzuki long term, Kia (in a seperate building next door) for about 18 months now, and also authorised repair centre for Peugeot and Vauxhall. I know for a fact they have cut ties with Peugeot (apparently unhappy with how Peugeot dealt with them) and i think the same may have happened with vauxhall. Since the start of the year they are now MG dealers too, sharing the Suzuki showroom, and i have already noticed an increase in MG's locally. Including a customer of mine who has just signed up to a lease deal on a new ZS 1.5. Hopefully he will have a bit more luck than ORB did(!), but i will find out what he thinks of it in due course. He is going to the ZS from a Lexus IS 220d, around 13 years old.

Auto Express Dealer Survey 2020 - alan1302

They sold nearly 13,000 last year and expected more this year