Diesel tunning box - Volkswagen - autumnboy

If a Diesel tunning box was fitted to a Volkswagen Tiquan and removed for servicing etc.

Would it be flagged up during diagnostic checks etc as one having been fitted recently etc.

Diesel tunning box - Volkswagen - gordonbennet

I don't know if it would show up, but a tuning box that simply plugs (usually) into the injection pump only really increases the fuel rate, a more sophisticated version such as made by Steinbauer has to to be connected to the throttle etc so isn't a 2 minute swap round come service time and that throttle connection especially will leave phsical evidence even if you've scotch bodged on.

Diesel tunning box - Volkswagen - SLO76
It won’t flag up anything unless it’s triggered a fault code. Personally I’d remove it and deposit the thing in the nearest bin anyway. These cheap devices aren’t worth the money. If you want a proper remap then fair enough but again it will damage the engine and transmission plus nullify your insurance. Insurers do often check for remaps when cars which commonly see them done are written off. The car will have plenty of power for anyone’s needs on road.

I was thinking of the DTUK unit....

Which is said to improve fuel mpg, driving ability and aswell as improve power output.

Edited by autumnboy on 04/08/2020 at 21:38

Diesel tunning box - Volkswagen - Ethan Edwards

I think I saw that advert. £100 It gives 10% better fuel economy , 20% more performance and also it makes you 30% better looking to hot women.

I'll have three of them please.....why oh why don't manufacturers fit them.

I think its abit more than that @ £410.

Why don't manufacturers do alot of things ?

Diesel tunning box - Volkswagen - focussed

I had to fit a what you would call a "tuning box" to my big Yamaha to get rid of the the low speed driveability/rideability problems endemic to that year of production.

MamaYamaha overreacted to the emission rules for that year and the following model year leading to an extremely abrupt throttle response coming off idle to about 2000 rpm, - not what you need on a wet roundabout!

The Dynojet FC contains it's own map which can be tuned plus or minus 10% rich or weak for the three rev bands 0 to 3k - 3k to 6k and 6k to 9k.

It doesn't interfere with the ECU, it modifies the pulse width sent to the injectors by the ECU according to the engine rpm sensed by the device.

So not all "tuning boxes" are rubbish.