Ford Fiesta - TDCI 55 plate. Air in the fuel lines, again! - Gowingnator

Hi all :) Hope you're all staying safe and enjoying this weather!

While the weather is this nice, thought it would be an ideal time to investigate where the air is getting in, into the fuel lines.

As of November 2019, I had injector seals replaced and as of June 2017, had fuel pipes, primer and pressure sensor replaced. I also replaced the fuel filter, atleast 2 years ago (the bolt that holds it in place is no longer in as the thread in the plastic housing as threaded away I believe)

Sprayed the fuel lines, primer and line connections with leak detector and couldn't find anything.

The air is getting in through this pipe (see image) when I had the air box off. imgur.com/a/jWdAsZB

Any ideas what could cause this?

Edited by Gowingnator on 27/06/2020 at 11:30

Ford Fiesta - TDCI 55 plate. Air in the fuel lines, again! - S40 Man

Are you sure you have got a leak? Rather than just needing to bleed the system?

I changed the fuel filter on my 08 Mondeo. I got an air bubble in the fuel line, possibly like your image? I had bought a rubber bulb for priming but this didn't do anything, the highest point was higher than the bleed port.

There was a valve at the highest point (car tyre your) I fabricated a tool with a oil change vacuum pump and the attachment for a can of tyre repair goo. Started first time after that.

Ford Fiesta - TDCI 55 plate. Air in the fuel lines, again! - Gibbo_Wirral

I had an irritanting air leak on my Peugeot diesel.

A bit of PTFE tape on all the plastic snap-together connectors sorted it.

I'm not certain if that's one on the right of your picture, but I'd certainly give that a try.