Golf GT TDI - Log Book Issue - Smark73

Hi,

I looked at a Golf at the weekend, i checked it around no issues, drove lovely looks lovely, i did 2 HPI checks on it all come back clear, Service History is there, MOT check are all correct, Checked log book VIN,Chassis numbers all correct, Its listed as one owner however when looking at the V5 document the name it belongs to is an autolease company, and apparently the garage he works at brought the vehicle they have used it for two years done about 16k miles but haven't changed ownership of it, because they didn't want to increase the previous owners.... everything else checks out, the cars lovely but alarm bells are ringing....

Golf GT TDI - Log Book Issue - Andrew-T

Many ex-lease or ex-rental cars may have been first registered to odd-looking companies. My Pug 207 came from a Peugeot dealer but spent its first 13K miles 'owned' by a dormant Securities company. It looks strange but it need not be a worry. Dealers will prefer not to 'own' a car for a period which may only last a few weeks before it is sold. You seem to have checked the important points.

Many ex-lease or ex-rental cars may have been first registered to odd-looking companies. My Pug 207 came from a Peugeot dealer but spent its first 13K miles 'owned' by a dormant Securities company. It looks strange but it need not be a worry. Dealers will prefer not to 'own' a car for a period which may only last a few weeks before it is sold. You seem to have checked the important points.

Thanks for the reply, appreciate the comments just was a bit weary of it, never heard of that before!!

Golf GT TDI - Log Book Issue - FiestaOwner

Its listed as one owner however when looking at the V5 document the name it belongs to is an autolease company, and apparently the garage he works at brought the vehicle they have used it for two years done about 16k miles but haven't changed ownership of it, because they didn't want to increase the previous owners.... everything else checks out, the cars lovely but alarm bells are ringing....

Has the garage used the car from new? If they haven't had it from new then this is ringing alarm bells with me too.

If the garage acquired the car as a used buy, then they should have registered the car in their name (before using it for 2 years). Garages don't register cars in their name to sit on the forecourt, but they do need to register it before using it for anything other than test drives.

Golf GT TDI - Log Book Issue - bathtub tom

Are you saying it's being sold by a private seller? If so the garage involved may be trying to sidestep their responsibility as a dealer.

Golf GT TDI - Log Book Issue - daveyjp

There are plenty of Golfs around, find another.

There are plenty of Golfs around, find another.

Cheers Think your right its a shame, lovely car but just not adding up.

Are you saying it's being sold by a private seller? If so the garage involved may be trying to sidestep their responsibility as a dealer.

Yes, its being sold as a private seller, its not as its been used by garage for past 2 years. but clearly, they are even seliing a warranty with it if i was interested.