Volvo S60 T5 Saloon - roughly £15K off list - Falkirk Bairn

Email from Drive the Deal in my inbox.yesterday

Usual VAG, MB, JLR .............. at the very end was a Volvo S60 T5 R design plus Saloon

£23.5K for white another £500 for metallic
250BHP, auto Petrol, lots of toys.

This is a lot of car for the money.

Anybody got "real experience" of the S60

a Good Buy or a Good Bye?

Volvo S60 T5 Saloon - roughly £15K off list - thunderbird

Dead model. Replaced by B5P (mild hybrid) earlier this year.

At that price looks like a good buy.

£599 for 5 services and 0% if you put down 50% makes it even better.

Volvo S60 T5 Saloon - roughly £15K off list - concrete

I have had two Volvo's prior to my latest one. An XC60 D4 Auto. Never had a problem with any of them. Very pleased with my present one which is probably the SUV version of the S60. This is a lot of car for the money and a bargain if you intend to keep it for a very long time. Main dealer costs are very high, like BMW etc but after two services/ three years the warranty runs out so a good independent needs to be found. Worth think about if you are ready to change.

Cheers Concrete

Volvo S60 T5 Saloon - roughly £15K off list - Avant

Petrol Volvos are very thirsty: friends have a petrol XC40 T5 and get 32 mpg at best out of it.

But maybe you wouldn't mind if you'd paid so little for it in the first place.

Volvo S60 T5 Saloon - roughly £15K off list - thunderbird

Petrol Volvos are very thirsty: friends have a petrol XC40 T5 and get 32 mpg at best out of it.

And that is why we are considering an XC40 as out next car. We tried the T4 and really liked it but now that has been replaced by the B4P (mild hybrid) and the T5 is the B5P its probably the B5P we would go for.

HJ real mpg gives the T5 a figure of approx 30 mpg, perhaps the B5P may do a little better. our current 1.6 Pulsar averages about 36 mpg so over our recent annual mileage of 6000 a year (much less at present) it would cost us an extra £156 a year on petrol which is nothing.

Perhaps if we did a higher mileage we would be thinking differently but in that case we would probably still be looking at diesels or something like a Skoda Scala 1.5 TSi in which owners seem to be averaging in the high 40's.

Volvo S60 T5 Saloon - roughly £15K off list - concrete

You don't see them much these days but some time ago most patrol cars were the Volvo T5 estate. A local watering hole I used back then was a favourite with the police. Nearly all the patrol car drivers had their private cars as Volvo T5 estates. They loved the cars so much. Wonder what happened to make them switch to BMW? Can't speak for the fuel consumption but it is a factor for some. My current diesel XC60 auto returns between 47-49 mpg. Not bad at all for such a large vehicle.

cheers Concrete

Volvo S60 T5 Saloon - roughly £15K off list - Zippy123

Wonder what happened to make them switch to BMW? Can't speak for the fuel consumption but it is a factor for some.

cheers Concrete

Lease / residuals / total cost of ownership / fleet discounts. Same reason as police cars are silver, the get a better resale value.

Volvo S60 T5 Saloon - roughly £15K off list - 72 dudes

Lease / residuals / total cost of ownership / fleet discounts. Same reason as police cars are silver, the get a better resale value.

Eh? Not round here (Suffolk), all white, as they are on Traffic Cops (Yorkshire) and Interceptors (Derbyshire).

Reports a few years ago that BMW were offering them to police at ridiculously low prices, whether leased or straight sale I don't know.

Edited by 72 dudes on 18/06/2020 at 17:34