B & Q open again - thunderbird

Some stores have reopened, our local is one which is pretty hand considering that its the time of year for DIY, more people than normal have plenty of time on their hands and the weather is great.

Just like going to the supemarket, tried yesterday pm but the queue was long so went at the strike of 8am today and the queue was even longer. Took about an hour to get into the shop but once in we got all we wanted and paid within about 20 minutes. The only items not available are the cafe, key cutting and the toilets, on a chilly morning I was wishing I had not had the 2nd coffee.

So now we can stabilise and paint the 2 x brick sheds and garage, set the dahlias, seal round the bath panel (had to take it off to replace the shower fitting) and Hammerite the front gates.

Happy days ahead.

B & Q open again - Engineer Andy

I suspect the big queues will drop off as the days go on, rather like at the supermarkets, as everyone gets used to the new opening hours and arrangements, and, unlike the food stores, customers don't need to keep restocking every week. Hopefully the garden centres will be allowed to re-open soon, with some help for extra marshalling at least in the busy early days.

Seen loads of people doing DIY and work in their gardens (especially fence and railing painting) during my daily constitutional.

I was lucky to remember at the start of the lockdown to visit the loo before going to my local supermarket - they had an unnoficial OAP hour (not advertised on their website, unlike the NHS hour) and so I had to go for a walk around the block and more before being even allowed to join the queue.

B & Q open again - Penumbra

Some B&Qs are open. Ours is still order online click and collect. B&Q website places you in a queue and the two times I've looked the wait has been nearly and hour!. The local Screwfix which is next door to our B&Q is open (click and collect) and there's no online waiting for that site.