Honda Jazz - Car battery 054 vs 154 for Honda Jazz 2010 model - hunterex

Hi, I have not driven my car for the past 2 weeks due to the lockdown.

Yesterday, I could not start my car and AA Roadside Assistance inspected my car and advised me to change my car battery. He advised me to choose 054 car battery model.

However, Halfords website shows only 154 car battery model when I input my car registration plate number.

What is the difference between 054 and 154 car battery model?

Can 154 car battery be interchangeably used with 054 car battery for Honda Jazz car?

Please advise. Thank you.

Honda Jazz - Car battery 054 vs 154 for Honda Jazz 2010 model - daveyjp

Your old battery should have enough info on the label to state which one you need. The difference in numbers will be the charge capacity and physical dimensions which need to be correct to fit the battery tray.

Honda Jazz - Car battery 054 vs 154 for Honda Jazz 2010 model - elekie&a/c doctor
The battery will be the same . You need to verify the orientation of the terminals and the size of the posts . A lot of Small Jap cars use the non standard smaller post size.
Honda Jazz - Car battery 054 vs 154 for Honda Jazz 2010 model - catsdad

Have you tried Cox Motor Parts? They are a main dealer who supply discount OEM parts online, including (at least in normal times) batteries.

I've no connection with them but used them when I had a Honda. I know several other backroomers do too. I assume self fitting will be easy.

Honda Jazz - Car battery 054 vs 154 for Honda Jazz 2010 model - sandy56

I put your car details into Eurocarparts using the 1.4 petrol can it came up with the Bosch 054 or a EXide 156 battery, with some differences in spec.

Check the number on your car battery 056 or 154 or ??? Batteries do come in different physical sizes.

Either would do, the 054 is more expensive and should last longer, you pays your money and make your choice. My choice would be the EXide, it is more AH and CCA

I would just go to my local garage and get them to source a suitable battery for you, and fit it if necessary. CHeck you get a receipt and guarantee, for at least 12months, depends on the price/quality. There is always Halfords.

FOr a car that age you should be able to replace it yourself without worrying about the car ECU etc, make sure you have the radio code number before you start.

Check the battery AH amp-hours- should be about 45, and the CCA cold crank amps should be about 330

Honda Jazz - Car battery 054 vs 154 for Honda Jazz 2010 model - hunterex

I put your car details into Eurocarparts using the 1.4 petrol can it came up with the Bosch 054 or a EXide 156 battery, with some differences in spec.

Check the number on your car battery 056 or 154 or ??? Batteries do come in different physical sizes.

Either would do, the 054 is more expensive and should last longer, you pays your money and make your choice. My choice would be the EXide, it is more AH and CCA

I would just go to my local garage and get them to source a suitable battery for you, and fit it if necessary. CHeck you get a receipt and guarantee, for at least 12months, depends on the price/quality. There is always Halfords.

FOr a car that age you should be able to replace it yourself without worrying about the car ECU etc, make sure you have the radio code number before you start.

Check the battery AH amp-hours- should be about 45, and the CCA cold crank amps should be about 330

Thank you for the reply. The old car battery does not have 054 or 156 model stated. Instead, it shows 38B19L Yuasa. :/ You may view my old car battery here: ibb.co/gPDhQmT

I plan to fit the new car battery myself since I was able to remove the old car battery yesterday DIY.

156 car battery model EXide got a length of 237mm. It is ways more than the length of the old car battery which is around 180mm.

Where do I find the radio code number?

Honda Jazz - Car battery 054 vs 154 for Honda Jazz 2010 model - elekie&a/c doctor
If you go to the Yuasa webpage , the battery suggested for your car is a Ybx 3054 . This seems to correspond to what is fitted (Honda original ) . Radio code may not be needed , but if it is , is should be in the car owners wallet .
Honda Jazz - Car battery 054 vs 154 for Honda Jazz 2010 model - daveyjp

So its a 35Ah. Check which of the ones suggested are also 35Ah with a google search.

Before changing over as it appears your old battery has removable inspection covers on each cell take each one off and see if each cell still has enough water in it. It only needs one to be partly down and the battery won't hold charge. Top up with distilled water, or boioed water which has gone cold.

My battery was low last week and failed to start the car, I topped up each cell, charged it and it has been fine since,

Honda Jazz - Car battery 054 vs 154 for Honda Jazz 2010 model - Falkirk Bairn

https://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/honda-shop/genuine-honda-jazz-battery-2009-2015/

I had a problem with the Beast from the East 2 years back on my CRV (Varta Battery)

Ordered from Cox 4 pm Thursday - arrived 10am Friday.

Right battery, identical to old one, no fiddling around to get it out /in - job done in 10 mins.

Previously bought Halfords replacements for other cars - terminals fitted but getting it in & fixed down was troublesome as the clamps did not line up.

Honda Jazz - Car battery 054 vs 154 for Honda Jazz 2010 model - Soichiro
I bought a replacement battery for our Jazz from the battery shop in Swindon.
They were cheaper than anywhere else. I bought a silver Yuasa YBX5054 £44.99.
They do deliver as well. It’s also available on Amazon for £58.99.
Google the battery shop Swindon for their details.
Honda Jazz - Car battery 054 vs 154 for Honda Jazz 2010 model - Surreydriver

Also worth checking if your local Honda dealer spares dept is open. I replaced my Civic battery last year and was surprised how competitive they were compared to to usual mainstream outlets. And, like Cox, no worries about fitment etc. Our Jazz does not need a radio code.

Honda Jazz - Car battery 054 vs 154 for Honda Jazz 2010 model - Hugh Watt
Google the battery shop Swindon for their details.

I did just that Soichiro, to price up an AGM battery that I hope I won't need for a year or 3 - and as you say, cheaper than other online offers. Now bookmarked, thanks!