Toyota Yaris - Y reg getting back on the road ? - Claudine Skiles

Hello,

I am looking at buying a Y reg Toyota Yaris that has not moved in at least 18 Mths, and simply doing it up myself ( even though I am not a mechanic ), it has not had tax or mot for 18 mths but I have looked at the mot history and it is not to bad over the last 12 years.

The owner is asking 150 quid for it, but that is negotiable.

2 questions ...

1 . Is it even worth doing up

2 . Is £ 150 quid a fair price.

There are only a few scratches on the body work, and cannot see anything obviously wrong with the look of it. It has pretty good mileage for the year.

Toyota Yaris - Y reg getting back on the road ? - elekie&a/c doctor
A car that has not been used for 18 months is not good news . Lack of use can lead to all sorts of problems . There’s a difference between doing it up and making it safe to use on the road . These are great little cars , it could be worth around that sort of money , but o think I would get an mot test carried out before going any further. There may be trouble lurking underneath.
Toyota Yaris - Y reg getting back on the road ? - SLO76
All depends on condition. These are great wee cars but at this age it could be rotten underneath or in need of £500 plus worth of repairs on top of the oil change and possibly brakes it’ll need to reinstate. Scrap value is around £30 right now but if it’s solid and tidy it’s worth a punt at £100
Toyota Yaris - Y reg getting back on the road ? - Andrew-T

If the bits you can see look good, you need a good look at the other bits, mainly underneath. As has been said, a MoT is a good way to do this, and the car will need one anyway. As the price is pocket money there's not much argument there. Can the owner tell you anything useful? The car may have years of use left.

Toyota Yaris - Y reg getting back on the road ? - daveyjp

I'd rather find one that was used yesterday and pay £500 for it.

Toyota Yaris - Y reg getting back on the road ? - thunderbird

Spam alert.

30 years a HGV Driver posted this on the 29th of February 2020

Hello,

I am looking at buying a Y reg Toyota Yaris that has not moved in at least 18 Mths, and simply doing it up myself ( even though I am not a mechanic ), it has not had tax or mot for 18 mths but I have looked at the mot history and it is not to bad over the last 12 years.

The owner is asking 150 quid for it, but that is negotiable.

2 questions ...

1 . Is it even worth doing up

2 . Is £ 150 quid a fair price.

There are only a few scratches on the body work, and cannot see anything obviously wrong with the look of it. It has pretty good mileage for the year.

Spot any similarities?

Toyota Yaris - Y reg getting back on the road ? - Andrew-T

<< Spot any similarities? >>

Must admit the username is rather a giveaway. Benjamin Bunny might have been a better choice.

Toyota Yaris - Y reg getting back on the road ? - focussed

There is a Claudine Keegan Skiles on Fakebook - same one perhaps?