Private plate query - primus 1

My car has a private plate, just before the lockdown we bought an ex demo Puma, but couldn’t pick it up until, as it turns out , would have been this weekend, obviously I want to transfer the plate over, and I understand that I have to pay £80 to put it on retention, but, I’m not sure what to do next, if I put the plate on retention I will be issued a new number plate, great, but will I be able to get a set of plates made up due to the current situation?, I understand I can’t drive it on my old number as it’s done immediately ( online) , yes the car I’m buying has been registered so I could drive that home and put the plate on later, just not sure about my current car,

Private plate query - Manatee

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183039879335

Other number plate suppliers are available, I just happen to have used this one.

Private plate query - elekie&a/c doctor
I’m in a similar position . Recently changed wife’s wheels , I have the private plate on retention, and I have the plates . Still waiting for the new V5 reg documents. However, looks like any private plate service from the Dvla is currently unavailable.