Ford transit custom sport - New ford van arrived missing an item of spec order - Abul ali

Hi

I have a question regarding a recent delivery of a factory ordered van from Ford. The vehicle arrived accepted delivery only to find 2 weeks later that an electric seat pack with curtain airbags that I had specified had not been fitted. I raised this with the dealer and they had contacted the Ford misbuild team however due to the covid19 lockdown there has been no further contact from them. My questions are;

Would the dealer retrofit or how would it be dealt with ie will they just try and reduce the monthly in accordance to the spec? This would be only £3 a month or so it's not acceptable.

Would they take the car back?

The sales rep said I am ok to keep using the car but I dont feel comfortable til unknown what is likely to happen. I dontbhave it in writing from him unfortunately.

Thanks in advance for any feedback and hope you are all staying safe.

Regards

Abul

Ford transit custom sport - New ford van arrived missing an item of spec order - elekie&a/c doctor
First thing I would do is check the original sales invoice to verify the build spec. If the van is not as ordered, I really think you have only two options . Reject it , or go for a reduced payment , which appears to be not what you want . If you reject it , then you don’t want to be driving it . It is very unlikely that the dealer will retro fit any missing specifications. Far too costly to do this.
Ford transit custom sport - New ford van arrived missing an item of spec order - Abul ali

hi thanks for the response.

The invoice doesnt have the spec listed however the finance agreement quotation on which i originally accepted does. the finance amount has remained exactly the same however. i have this in our emails, so it would appear that the dealership has made an error and not ticked the relevant spec box.

do i still have the right to reject even though its not on the invoice?

thanks in advance again for any responses.

Ford transit custom sport - New ford van arrived missing an item of spec order - elekie&a/c doctor
Tricky , I would say . No expert here, but is your contract with the finance company? If you are otherwise satisfied with the van, I would negotiate a substantial reduction of the repayment plan . You are not going to get another vehicle to your spec anytime soon.
Ford transit custom sport - New ford van arrived missing an item of spec order - Dorset123

The important doc would be the order form does it have the spec that you wanted and did you sign it ? When I have brought new cars the salesman goes through the order and then asks you to confirm and sign it. If the salesmen didn't get you to sign it then that makes it difficult for the dealer. If you did sign it then it is your fault. You need to write a letter to the Dealer Principal and send this recorder delivery. However with Covid 19 shutdown this will make it hard to get an immediate reply.

hi, thanks for the response. we only received a finance quotation based on the online build configurator that we emailed them. the finance quotation listed the specification that we requested and once we were satisfied we emailed to confirm this. there wasnt an order form as such, however all communication was made via email. the sales agent also recalls ordering this on his system.

my only other theory is if he had genuinely ordered this then there has been a potential mix up with another vehicle. i noticed the manager had ordered an identical vehicle for himself i wonder if its been mixed up. either way its not my responsibility i guess to work out how it went wrong, just whether i am unreasonable to reject and whether i can, or if they can offer a discount?

thanks again