Honda CRV - Your thoughts on a test drive issue. - tbg

At the weekend I test drove a honda CRV diesel on a 16 plate low mileage, it was low on fuel with the light on with 2 mile on the trip computer so we went to get diesel but before we could put fuel in the limp home mode symbol came on but I didn't know what it was so when I drive away I quickly found out and had no power so we went back the the carstore had a chat and walked away but I have now had a phone call saying on there diagnostic equipment it said low fuel pressure and that they have put a new battery on aswell ,when I asked why the new battery the sales guy wasn't to sure but he will see if he can get a report explaining things a little better. What are your thoughts , would thus happen like this etc etc

Honda CRV - Your thoughts on a test drive issue. - paul 1963

I can only imagine it did indeed have low fuel pressure as it was empty! probably confused the ecu?

SLO would probably agree but it may be worth looking at a used approved example just for piece of mind.

Honda CRV - Your thoughts on a test drive issue. - gordonbennet

My thoughts are that if this is the competence of that sales centre displaying a car at its best in order to get you to buy it ??? i'd be running away from the place as fast as my size 11s could carry me.

Honda CRV - Your thoughts on a test drive issue. - Falkirk Bairn

Low mileage Diesel car - think VERY carefully before buying one.

Honda CRV - Your thoughts on a test drive issue. - Bolt

Not sure if its the same problem but my Civic tourer 2016 diesel had all lights come up on dash and went into limp home, I took it to Honda with limited power and after a days checking they said all the injection system needed replacing at a cost of over 4k

for a second opinion I took to a trusty old garage I used to use and they confirmed the problem being dirty diesel over a long period, but as I used various garages to buy diesel I couldn't say which it was, not that it would help.

so I now have a 1.8 civic hatchback instead, but I gathered it happens on the CRV around the same date

Honda CRV - Your thoughts on a test drive issue. - Avant

"....it was low on fuel with the light on with 2 mile on the trip computer."

Never mind the rest - that's a clear signal that the dealer is either too mean to put enough fuel in for a test drive or too sloppy to care.

If they can't even get the selling process right, just think how useless they'd be at after-sales care.

Your experience is even worse than mine with the idiot at the Bristol BMW dealership, who arranged for me to have a test-drive in a plug-in hybrid but didn't charge it in advance. At least this one ran properly, but only on petrol power.

Honda CRV - Your thoughts on a test drive issue. - madf

If they can't even get the selling process right, just think how useless they'd be at after-sales care.

Exactly.

There are few bigger warning signs than a seller who cannot be bothered to present their product in as good a cindition as possible.

Honda CRV - Your thoughts on a test drive issue. - SLO76
This will almost certainly have been rejected by the dealer network for some reason, maybe there’s an underlying fault. I’d walk away and pay the extra for a good approved used example with a manufacturer backed warranty.
Honda CRV - Your thoughts on a test drive issue. - tbg

I have walked away from that car and have serious doubts I'll go back there again ,as has been pointed out they can't even present the car properly for sale.which is odd for what I believe is a large network ( evans halshaw \ carstore ). The end result was that the limp home mode was due to low fuel pressure and they also put on a new battery but not sure why .