mg zr - kaytee
Hi can anyone give me advice on the mg zr.We are looking for something sporty but practical.Any advice on any other cars gratefully recieved.Max £10,000 to spend. Thanx
mg zr - Cyd
Guy at work has a ZR160 and another colleagues wife has a ZR120. Both are very happy with them as far as I can make out. Both of these are 3 doors, as neither of them has kids. As far as practicality goes all I can say is that my sister in law must be some magician - they have two kids (6 & 3 yrs) and run a Rover 25 5dr and pack more into their car than seems possible when we go on holiday. I doubt they'd be comfortable for adults in the back on a long run, but hey they're a supermini not a Town Car.
mg zr - David Lacey
Externally they look OK but the underpinnings are nigh-on 15 years old......but they do make excellent little runabouts and they handle well.

More info? forums.mg-rover.org ... you'll find plenty of happy owners there.
mg zr - king arthur
...and one or two familiar names! Hi, Dave, fancy meeting you here!
mg zr - David Lacey
Ah ha! Yep, this is where I cut my teeth a few years ago, here with good ol' HJ himself!

Back to roost so-to-speak!
mg zr - king arthur
Ah ha! Yep, this is where I cut my teeth a
few years ago, here with good ol' HJ himself!
Back to roost so-to-speak!

He he, better stay OT, the Mods are pretty strict over here - unlike us lot on mg-rover.org, pretty much anything goes over there!
mg zr - king arthur
Kaytee, if you're considering the ZR, you might want to hold on until October as there's supposedly an update coming around then...rumours of a six-speed box :)
mg zr - peterb
We looked at a one yearl old ZR for Mrsb recently. It certainly looked the part, but equipment was poor (ABS not standard, for example) and the interior didn't seem that well built to me.
mg zr - MichaelR
Friend of mine has one. It has manual windows, no central locking, no ABS, no A/C, and still cost £10k...
mg zr - ghostracer

• you must be mad?????? £10,000 for an mg. i bought an mg for £900 and its just sailed through the mot it has everything i.e. electric windows/sunroof srs airbags alloys front and rear fogs and its a 105 bargain

mg zr - Bobbin Threadbare

Yes but this is a 9 year old thread........

mg zr - oldroverboy

Yes but this is a 9 year old thread........

And if you look at the SMG website in bristol they have a couple of "new" ones and a Rover 75 V8 for£30,000.................

Edited by OldRoverboy on 18/03/2012 at 19:35

mg zr - TeeCee

A few months after MG Rover went pear-shaped, SMC in Slough would have sold you a delivery milage MG ZT V8 off their forecourt for nine grand. If I'd had the money at the time, I'd have bought it.

30,000? Someone's having a giraffe......

mg zr - oldroverboy

YEP, they're having alarf, but so far no takers, plus some 1.8 zt's for £17000...

mg zr - RicardoB

Oh dear. It's the age thing again!