Glitch in the matrix? - badbusdriver

Approaching a junction which happens to be a bit of an accident black spot in my neck of the woods, i saw what appeared to be two identical cars in positions which made it clear they had crashed into each other. As i got closer, i realised that in actual fact one was a silver Citroen C1, the other was a silver toyota Aygo, so not quite identical, but as near as dammit!. The C1 was on the verge, but the Aygo was down an embankment and had clearly rolled. It was a weird sight, and got me thinking about how often this might happen, that two very similar or identical cars crash into each other?. Especially somewhere with a pretty low density of people like rural Aberdeenshire!. Anyone else seen similar?

BTW, the damage on the cars suggested any injuries would have been relatively minor.

Glitch in the matrix? - sajid

Intresting some people suggest we are actually in a matrix being observed by higher ups, u do get sometimes deja vu, which suggests that this is a artificial universe.

Glitch in the matrix? - blindspot

Had a mate that crashed. when they exchanged details, they shared the same name.

Glitch in the matrix? - alan1302

Thought this was going to be another post about smart motorways!

Glitch in the matrix? - Zippy123

I hate deja vu.

I get it a lot which suggests neurons aren't working quite as they should and a message gets split across two routes and one gets to the destination before the other - creating the deja vu experience.

Thing is, there have been gaps of more than a few seconds where I have experienced it.

Freaky!

A friend was driving in Scotland near Elgin on holiday (he lives and went to school on the South Coast).

He has a minor accident with a van. The driver was another school friend that moved to Scotland 35 odd years previously!

I don't believe in co-incidences.

Glitch in the matrix? - alan1302

I

I don't believe in co-incidences.

What did it mean then?
Glitch in the matrix? - John F

I was born in England after the 2ndWW and, unlike most humans past and present, have enjoyed over 70yrs of peace, prosperity and good plumbing with no interludes of war, plague, famine or persecution. How lucky is that?

Glitch in the matrix? - Bolt

Approaching a junction which happens to be a bit of an accident black spot in my neck of the woods, i saw what appeared to be two identical cars in positions which made it clear they had crashed into each other. As i got closer, i realised that in actual fact one was a silver Citroen C1, the other was a silver toyota Aygo, so not quite identical, but as near as dammit!. The C1 was on the verge, but the Aygo was down an embankment and had clearly rolled. It was a weird sight, and got me thinking about how often this might happen, that two very similar or identical cars crash into each other?. Especially somewhere with a pretty low density of people like rural Aberdeenshire!. Anyone else seen similar?

BTW, the damage on the cars suggested any injuries would have been relatively minor.

Up to now the most common accidents I had seen were of silver/light grey cars, some drivers say that silver colour cars can disappear in cloudy weather and it does happen as I have had near misses due to silver/light grey cars, sometimes if you look too quickly you can miss them

Glitch in the matrix? - catsdad
badbus driver point about identical cars crashing reminded me of something from the distant past. I think it was Audi who used to have a system of cables that in a major frontal impact pulled the engine back in someway. Obviously not to the detriment of the cabin safety but to absorb impact.

The story sometime afterwards was that the system had never been deployed in a real accident when two Audis met head on. As is usual in these passing stories I never did hear when the inevitable accidents did happen.

Does anyone recall the system and the story or have I dream it?
Glitch in the matrix? - Zippy123
badbus driver point about identical cars crashing reminded me of something from the distant past. I think it was Audi who used to have a system of cables that in a major frontal impact pulled the engine back in someway. Obviously not to the detriment of the cabin safety but to absorb impact. The story sometime afterwards was that the system had never been deployed in a real accident when two Audis met head on. As is usual in these passing stories I never did hear when the inevitable accidents did happen. Does anyone recall the system and the story or have I dream it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Procon-ten

Glitch in the matrix? - Engineer Andy

Maybe they might end up having them repaired at the same outfit...

Glitch in the matrix? - PeterRed

I was daydreaming in the office many years ago and saw a blue VW Polo crash into some railings in Central Croydon. The driver emerged and ran away. Later that day, my mother called to say that a policeman was looking at her blue VW polo on the driveway, 10 miles away. Apparently, her car had been "cloned". What are the chances?

Glitch in the matrix? - John F

I was daydreaming in the office many years ago and saw a blue VW Polo crash into some railings in Central Croydon. The driver emerged and ran away. Later that day, my mother called to say that a policeman was looking at her blue VW polo on the driveway, 10 miles away. Apparently, her car had been "cloned". What are the chances?

Quite high, judging from the number of rotating number plates for sale on the internet!

Glitch in the matrix? - Penumbra

My sister ran into her ex's car at the local Tescos. I think it was accidental!