Skoda Superb Estate II 2.0L TDi - 2015 - DSG 6 Speed Semi Automatic - Clutch Wear & Replace - Chris Cain

I am suspecting that one of the 2 clutch sets is starting to slip. In Gear 6 I notice the revs surge briefly when I start to climb or come under increased torque loading. I put the vehicle into manual and have booted it in the even gears and notice the apparent slippage. I cant detect any slippage on the odd gears though.

The car only has 47K but I guess you can get wear at pretty any mileage depends on how lucky one is I suppose.

I have ran diagnostics and don't get any fault codes from the Mechatronic or transmission

I am embarking on replacing the clutch myself as the cost from Skoda is astrononical. I have quite a few manual clutch changes under my belt, transverse and inline but have never done a semi automatic.

So a few questions:

Should I change the DMF as well as its a pretty pricey part and I cant here any knocking or bumps when gear changing so assume the shocks are good?

Are there any gotchas or things to be aware of, like software / calibration updates to an ECM?

Any special tools?

Any good advice (dont do it lol)

Kind regards

Chris

Skoda Superb Estate II 2.0L TDi - 2015 - DSG 6 Speed Semi Automatic - Clutch Wear & Replace - elekie&a/c doctor
I think I would be leaving this job to an expert . It’s nothing like a manual gearbox and too much to go wrong if you don’t get it right .