Honda CR-V - Cleaning in-car leather - Mike H

Well, as predicted by the dealer, the cream leather upholstery in our CR-V is taking on a blue hue thanks to jeans being our habitual wear. A small price to pay, because the cream really lifts the interior and goes well with the metallic red paintwork. SWMBO wanted black leather for practical reasons, but I won the debate with the proviso that the regular cleaning falls to me.

So, what does the team suggest? Some years ago i was using Gliptone products to clean and condition the leather, as it came highly recommended at the time. I see that the cleaner and conditioner are still available in spray form. Are these still the products of choice, or is there something else I should be using? Thoughts welcome please.

Honda CR-V - Cleaning in-car leather - Falkirk Bairn

Less than £10 - saddle soap - cleans & feeds leather

Not sure I can get that here in Austria, but I'll take a look. Is it normally only stocked by equestrian outlets, or is it just a generic name that is found elsewhere?

Honda CR-V - Cleaning in-car leather - Falkirk Bairn

Amazon around £7

Honda CR-V - Cleaning in-car leather - paul 1963

Don't know if you've got a "home bargains " shop near by but they sell "stardrops" leather clean and feed, wonderfull stuff, I use it on our cream leather sofas .

Edit: just seen your location, autoglym interior cleaner followed by there leather conditioning cream maybe easier for you to get?

Edited by paul 1963 on 06/01/2020 at 15:05

Honda CR-V - Cleaning in-car leather - Manatee

Baby wipes remove the blue dye and the dealer probably told you that is what they use to remove it.

I use Urad leather shampoo and Urad Mr Jojo.

http://www.uradleathercare.co.uk/index.php?route=common/home

Baby wipes remove the blue dye and the dealer probably told you that is what they use to remove it.

I use Urad leather shampoo and Urad Mr Jojo.

http://www.uradleathercare.co.uk/index.php?route=common/home

SWMBO tells me that baby wipes don't work on our cream leather suite indoors. I'll take a look at the Urad products, thanks.

Honda CR-V - Cleaning in-car leather - Bromptonaut

I gave up jeans years ago because of poor wear, discomfort, slow drying if caught in rain and issues with blue dye spreading.

Rohan's 'Bags' and other lines were a step improvement.

In fact Bags were sold for a while as 'the thinking man's jeans'.