vauxhall corsa 2008 - fitting radio - franksboy

Hi I am trying to fit an aftermarket headunit to my corsa and it needs a supply from the accessory side of the ignition switch. It has no cigarette lighter but has an accessory socket but the supply to this is only there when the car is running. Does anyone know where to run a cable from.that comes on when i am in position 2 on the ignition switch.

Thanks in advance

vauxhall corsa 2008 - fitting radio - Chris M

Not familiar with the wiring of a Corsa, but I thought radio wiring was pretty much standard now so that the plug on the car will fit any radio and if it doesn't, adapters are available. No soldering required.

I could be wrong of course. Elekie will be along soon.

vauxhall corsa 2008 - fitting radio - elekie&a/c doctor
There is no auxiliary circuit on this car . You need to use an ignition supply. Spur into the accessory socket . There is an alternative to fit a can- bus conversion kit , but they cost around £40.

Edited by elekie&a/c doctor on 21/11/2019 at 16:58

vauxhall corsa 2008 - fitting radio - Gibbo_Wirral
There is no auxiliary circuit on this car . You need to use an ignition supply. Spur into the accessory socket . There is an alternative to fit a can- bus conversion kit , but they cost around £40.

If they include the bit to allow the steering wheel controls to be used with an aftermarket radio, they're well worth it. I've used CONNECTS2 stuff on my Peugeot before which is similar.

Thanks gibbo I think i have the answer now and as i said to Elekie it's my Granddaughters car and she probably won't keep it for long. She changes her cars how i wished i had done at her age. Love her to bits.

Thanks Elekie i think you answered my question. This is actually my granddaughters radio and i am fitting it in her corsa having taken it out of the Mazda that she had for 7 weeks. So don't want to spend too much money on it she may not have it for long. Oh to be young again. All threads on the internet seem to connect the ACC red lead to the Cigerette lighter but she just has the accessory socket , 120 watts max, and it only comes on with the engine running. She just won't be able to sit and blast out the music. I'm not sure how this all affects the battery drain and the memory for the presets etc. So i'll go and have a play, thanks for clearing up the aux supply though that has saved a lot of frustration trying to find a connection.

Cheers for now

Thanks for your reply. i have bought the adaptor kit but only went for the cheap version that didn't include the steering wheel control. you were right Elekie did come along soon after you and i think he has the answer. Thanks again