Buying a LH drive in France - South of the border
I wonder if someone can help me. I am moving to Spain in August and want to buy a LH drive Toyota Rav 4. They are really expensive in Spain ( about as dear as here). What would be the best solution if I were to buy a cheap car in France or Netherlands, obviously I want to pay the lowest rate of VAT. And will be travelling around europe in it for a couple of months anyway. By the way has anyone ever used the services of Eurocote.com ?
Buying a LH drive in France - DavidHM
If you want to pay the lowest rate of VAT, I think Germany is your best bet. However, it would have to be registered there for six months IIRC to benefit from that. If you buy it in, say, France, and register it in Spain, you'll have to pay Spanish VAT.

I'm not sure where the RAV is cheapest before tax, but you'd need to buy there and then transport the car to Spain as if you were importing into this country. With the state of the euro at the moment, you may even find that prices from www.ukcarbroker.co.uk are cheaper than anywhere else in Europe - although how they would do with a left hooker is anyone's guess.
Buying a LH drive in France - Gerben
Don't forget to call a Toyota daler in Belgium, their Toy prices were very low when I looked into a RAV a year ago. They all speak English, and they give you a discount even before you ask for it...
Buying a LH drive in France - South of the border
Hi thanks for the advice,
Where do I set about finding a Belgium based dealer? Do you have any suggestions. Sorry I am a total Novice at this!
Buying a LH drive in France - DavidHM
fr.toyota.be/dealers/index.asp

Just choose the town from the cunningly named "Choisissez votre ville" section