Vauxhall GrandlandX Hybrid4 - Vauxhall GrandlandX Hybrid4 - Ethan Edwards

Saw this on the TV ads. Looked up a review and that looked OK. then checked out how much. It's 35 to 45 thousand. They probably source them in the Far East for a lot less than that.

Sorry but unless the boot is full of gold bullion on every model I don't think any Vauxhall on the planet is worth that kind of money. Not to me it isn't.

Edited by Ethan Edwards on 23/09/2019 at 14:46

Vauxhall GrandlandX Hybrid4 - Vauxhall GrandlandX Hybrid4 - S40 Man

Seems it is based on the PSA EMP2 platform. This is the backbone to similar DS7 crossback and Pug 3008 neither of these are petrol hybrids.

Seems you can pick up a Grandland X conventional one slightly cheaper than the other two.

The nearest equivalent I could see is Mitsubishi Outlander but are these a bit more utilitarian?

Audi do a petrol hybrid and BMW X5 but the are both well expensive, and both will probably lose the cost of the Grandland X over 3 or 4 years at average mileage.

The Grandland X appears to have 300 bhp and presumably half decent economy is that worth a £15k premium, quite possibly not but it might make an interesting used buy in 3 years time.

Vauxhall GrandlandX Hybrid4 - Vauxhall GrandlandX Hybrid4 - Falkirk Bairn

Grandland X sits on the same platform as the Peugeot 3008 thanks to a joint venture agreed long before Peugeot's PSA parent bought Vauxhall and Opel, is powered by PSA engines and is built, in a PSA factory in France.

Vauxhall GrandlandX Hybrid4 - Vauxhall GrandlandX Hybrid4 - Stackman II

We visited the factory in Sochaux earlier this year, along with the excellent Peugeot museum.

It was fascinating to see the cars coming along the line, a mixture of 3008s and Grandlands.

How each section had exactly the right part ready for each model was intriguing, it seemed that it would only take one misplaced part in the system to bring the whole production run to a halt but it just kept rolling, churning out all the different engine and trim levels of both models in perfect synchronicity.

Vauxhall GrandlandX Hybrid4 - Vauxhall GrandlandX Hybrid4 - Avant

Interesting! I saw recenty - must have been on Youtube - a film of the Morris assembly line at Cowley, circa 1949, when Morris Minors and Oxfords were being put together on the same production line. Nothing new under the sun!

There's going to be a Peugeot 3008 plug-in soon: but if they insist on selling it only at the top trim level it'll be much too expensive, negating any savings gained by fuel economy.

Vauxhall GrandlandX Hybrid4 - Vauxhall GrandlandX Hybrid4 - daveyjp
As a comparison on a 4x4 hybrid Subaru have now released prices of their hybrid Forester. £34k or £37k depending on spec.

Vauxhall GrandlandX Hybrid4 - Vauxhall GrandlandX Hybrid4 - Falkirk Bairn

>>Subaru have now released prices of their hybrid Forester. £34k or £37k depending on spec.

A pretend Hybrid - it will, in theory, take the car 1 mile

Average MPG around 33 to the gallon

Vauxhall GrandlandX Hybrid4 - Vauxhall GrandlandX Hybrid4 - Ethan Edwards

33 are you serious? 33 that's pitiful.

Vauxhall GrandlandX Hybrid4 - Vauxhall GrandlandX Hybrid4 - barney100

That is indeed a lot of cash and I guess depreciation will be horrendous...if not worse.