Audi A4 B6 - Interior lights not working - Steveieb
My garage removed the front light unit to stick. The roof lining back and since then both interior lights don't work.
I've changed the fuse which had blown whch retired power to the boot light s but as soon as the interior light is switched on it blows again.
It doesn't look as if he has replaced the main plug back to front.
Any ideas please ?
Audi A4 B6 - Interior lights not working - elekie&a/c doctor
Trapped wire or screw through the wiring??
Are the rear passenger internal lights connected Elecie Doc.
If so I'll check these because all looks fine at the front cluster .
Appears that the boot lights are connected as they work as soon as the fuse is changed then stop when the front light switch is operated.

Many Thanks
Audi A4 B6 - Interior lights not working - elekie&a/c doctor
Take a look at the interior light unit . Had the sliding copper contact , on the switch, come adrift?
Thanks again Eleckie doc after you told me to look in the main light area I found that my mechanic had pushed one of the spotlight bulbs in too far and it was shorting out the holder.

So very grsteful for all your excellent advice.

Tried sticking the roof lining with the spray adhesive but no sucess.
Thinking about cutting it out altogether as its dropping down on the passengers.
Have you any other ideas . The spray simply did not hold after an hour.

Cheers
Audi A4 B6 - Interior lights not working - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}

Maybe ask your mechanic or follow the instruction on the adhesive ? Its a common way to attach headlinings. If it's a contact adhesive then you need to let the glue almost dry iirc before bringing both parts together .

Thank you so much Glaikit,

My mechanic tried spraying the adhesive through an aperture formed by removing the light unit.
It was as you say never going to work so I took some scissors and cut the lining full length so I could spray the adhesive and then let it dry before bonding the two .
Brilliant advice and I'd like to thank you both for your excellent advice.