Vw Golf 2.0 tdi cffb engine - Engine replacement - Gary Lindley
Hi my 2.0 tdi engine exploded whilst driving home from work apparently it was caused through diesel runaway, the car only had 68000 on the clock, I did contact vw and was not interested, the engine is a cffb what i would like to know can any other vw engine replace the cffb engine and if so what is involved
Vw Golf 2.0 tdi cffb engine - Engine replacement - elekie&a/c doctor
There are many variations of this engine . You need to source exactly the same type, otherwise you will run into fitting problems. Also you need to find the cause of the runaway . May be a turbo fault?
Vw Golf 2.0 tdi cffb engine - Engine replacement - Gary Lindley
Just replaced engine in my Vw golf with the exact same engine and turbo which is reconditioned and covered 50000 miles, but now the engine management light and DPF light are on and in limp mode, the DPF filter has been professionally cleaned so i know it’s not a clogged DPF, does the ecu need reprogramming because of engine replacement, or could it be something else because these were the only 2 lights that came on after full engine replacement
Vw Golf 2.0 tdi cffb engine - Engine replacement - Nick T
Hi my 2.0 tdi engine exploded whilst driving home from work apparently it was caused through diesel runaway, the car only had 68000 on the clock, I did contact vw and was not interested, the engine is a cffb what i would like to know can any other vw engine replace the cffb engine and if so what is involved

Diesel runaway is where a diesel particulate filter regeneration is halted by turning the engine off mid generation. The additional fuel metered into the engine does not get burned and sinks into the sump causing the oil level to rise. When the level is high enough, it gets past the pistons and fuels the combustion process. Turning off the engine has no effect and it accelerates to an rpm beyond it's design limit leading to destruction. This is why modern diesels are unsuitable for multiple short runs. Don't turn a diesel off when it's regenerating. More about this on HJ's main site. Sad story that will cost the OP. Sympathy....