New Used Car?! Help - Mark Mackay

Hello, i currently have a Honda Civic EX MK8 2.2 Diesel ive had it 3 years and have loved it since i bought it. I am looking at purchasing a new used car for around £15000, dont want a small engine preferably. Would want a car with maximum 3.0 v6 diesel, there are so many cars on the market and dont know where to start, been looking at Audi A7 but is it worth it for a 6 -7 year old vehicle?

New Used Car?! Help - barney100

I had a Merc S class on loan with the 3.2 Diesel engine and it's a beaut. An E class with that engine would be worth a look, it's effortless power. Great surname by the way...I'm one too!

New Used Car?! Help - Miniman777

Why a V6? What's wrong with a straight 6?

I have a 2 year old BMW X3 with the 3.0D and it's a beautiful to drive. That engine has powered many previous BMWs including the 3 and 5 series and you ought to test drive one, if only to eliminate it.

Yeah straight 6 i wouldn't mind but ive not ever been a BMW person, something about them never interested me. I have a mate that has the 335D and its a very nice car but not for me :)

Very good shout, do love the look of the mercs and the engines no doubt one of the best. Love how the interior is in them :)

New Used Car?! Help - SLO76
Where roughly do you live?
How many miles do you do in a year and is it mostly short runs or longer distance?
What age is your Civic and mileage?
Does the £15k budget include the value of the Civic or on top of it?
Is it flexible, can you go higher for the right car?
How are you financing it, savings or debt?
Do require more space than the Civic?

I’d hold off on buying a large premium SUV at this money as it’ll be in that age/mileage range where it’ll be ripe for a major failure. I’d reign your ambitions in a bit to better match your budget but that’s as far as we can take it without knowing more.

Thanks for the reply!

I live in Herefordshire, do around 22000 miles a year. I do every day 25 miles a day to work 50 miles a day round trip, then weekends always doing something. My civic is 2009 with 150 000 on the clock. Was going to keep the Civic for my misses to use after passing her driving as its not really worth selling for the price. Yeah i can go higher say 16000 but wouldn't want to pay more. Thanks, this is why im asking because i want to have a more luxurious faster car , similar boot space be idea , as it is amazing for the size of the car.

New Used Car?! Help - SLO76
More luxurious and has plenty of pull thanks to its twin turbo engine. A relaxed big cruiser and suits the auto box better than a manual. It’ll sell easily even after several years at your above average mileage and offers decent economy though the 2wd single turbo is much better here. But not exactly fun to drive.

I just found a great car on Auto Trader:

www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/20190318599...3

Edited by SLO76 on 22/07/2019 at 18:40