Value these two cars please? - Gazza
Hi,

Would someone kindly value these two car please?

Also, which would be a better bet?

1) Rover 214 SLi 95N manual met.red 123k in excellent condition and aircon.

2) Volvo T-5 GLT 96N manual met.green 85k, no history but aircon.

Need to decide very quickly so any comment appreciated. (I have already read the CxC Breakdowns very carefully)

It will be for girlfriend to run around in London. Also just in case my QX breaks down (not that I think I ever would, touch wood)

Garrison
Value these two cars please? - leatherpatches
You don't say if the T5 is estate or not. For saloon from Parkers:

Rover: £1370 (good condition) and £330 (poor)

Volvo: £3365 (good condition) and £2215 (poor)

In my experience, Parkers' estimates are fairly close, if a little under from what you could get on a good day through a private sale. Expect a fair bit less trade.
Value these two cars please? - Baskerville
Volvo T-5, 1996 N 85K miles no history. Do you think the mileage on this 7 year-old motorway cruiser is genuine? You'd expect 120K wouldn't you, maybe a lot more?
Well, the Volvo is on offer for 1400 pounds.
Value these two cars please? - DavidHM
Hmmm.... temptingly cheap but almost certainly clocked if not completely and utterly wrecked in lots of new and exciting ways you haven't thought of.
I'll go for the Rover then. It is on offer for 700 but at least I know how to swap 214 engines if it goes bang.
Value these two cars please? - Morris Ox
Golden rule: no history=no deal
Value these two cars please? - leatherpatches
I'll second that. The Volvo looks like a dodgy bet, especially so cheap. They are really fast cars, you know, and will suffer badly if not maintained well in line with service schedule.

Let us know.