Ford Focus Rusting Tailgate - jprosser
Can anyone help? I have a four year focus that has started to rust by the back window where it comes to a v shape (above the Ford badge on the tailgate). I took it to my Ford Dealer and they said it was not perforation, even though you can see the rust through the glass. After looking on this site I know that focuses are known for this fault. Is there any one out there, that has had a similar problem and have been back to Ford?

edited to sentence case text. Please refrain from typing soley in upper case as it is classed as shouting. DD.
Ford Focus Rusting Tailgate - Blue {P}
I'm afraid I know little about this specific subjectm plus I'm quite drunk at the moment, but I know that is more common on Focuses with the chrome stri[p on the tailgate which would suggest a design flaw...

Aopologies foe any bad spelling, I shouldn't post at this time of morning after such a heavy nite! ;-)

Blue
Ford Focus Rusting Tailgate - James_Jameson
Ford - "Engineered to Last" is their latest advertising slogan!

I'll never buy another one after my experiences with (a new) one.
Ford Focus Rusting Tailgate - Blue {P}
Further to my posting last night, if it's a design flaw with the Chrome strip tailgate, then I would imagine that you have more cause for getting it fixed, the only Focuses that I have ever seen with rusty tailgates have the chrome strip...

Failing that, I would imagne that you could force them to accept that it is perforation if you keep at them long enough.

Good luck.

Blue