Hyundai i30 petrol - Great car except for..... - Galad

Took delivery of brand new i30 hatchback Premium SE this week - lovely car with kit that would cost more than £10k extra on an equivalent Golf etc and lots of radar assisted safety gear. Two things stand out that disappoint though: the radio only operates for 2 minutes after the engine is switched off which is very inconvenient when I'm waiting for my daughter to finish her piano lesson! And the 'Auto Hold' brake function has to be enabled manually for every journey which is a pain as the parking brake is electronic and my wife forgets to set it at start up.

On another note, I traded in a diesel car for the Hyundai as I don't do the miles for a DPF to function effectively. But reading the manual for the Hyundai (petrol) I was surprised to see a reference to the possibility of a 'soot' warning light and advice to drive the car at 2k+ revs for at least 15 minutes!

Hyundai i30 petrol - Great car except for..... - Big John

As of September 2018 (I think) most direct injection petrol cars are now fitted with a particualte filter (called PPF, GPF or OPF) to achieve Euro 6d-temp

Myself I'll avoid for a while until the new technology has "settled!"

Hyundai i30 petrol - Great car except for..... - oldroverboy.

MG zs 2017 has petrol particulate filter. Registered 28.12..2017

See hj reviews good and bad section. Causes "rough" running at times. See Ford fiestas same problems

Edited by oldroverboy. on 14/06/2019 at 21:40

Hyundai i30 petrol - Great car except for..... - galileo

Two things stand out that disappoint though: the radio only operates for 2 minutes after the engine is switched off which is very inconvenient when I'm waiting for my daughter to finish her piano lesson!

That is weird, the radio works indefinitely on my (more than 5 year old) i30 with the ignition key in the first position. Don't understand why they changed this, the radio isn't going to flatten the battery even if on for hours.

The electric parking brake is why I'm keeping mine with an old fashioned manual one as long as I can, they are another complication nobody asked for.

Hyundai i30 petrol - Great car except for..... - Ethan Edwards

I hired a new i30 in Oz in April. They are everywhere down under.

Hyundai i30 petrol - Great car except for..... - wazza2004

Normally it's a default setting in case you left the car with the radio on. Usually if you go through the menu you can disable this function so it stays on longer or permanently until you turn it off. On my kadjar it will stay on for a while until I open the drivers door.

Hyundai i30 petrol - Great car except for..... - wazza2004

Regarding the electric handbrake on some cars you have to manually disengage it before moving and on some cars it disengages automatically when you press the accelerator and the car senses movement . The latter happens in my kadjar but I always tell me daughter to disengage it manually so she can get into the habit. Her next car might not have that feature.

Hyundai i30 petrol - Great car except for..... - NARU

...And the 'Auto Hold' brake function has to be enabled manually for every journey which is a pain as the parking brake is electronic and my wife forgets to set it at start up...

Autohold is brilliant, especially with an automatic. You just come to a stop and take your feet off the pedals, and press the accelerator when you're ready to go.

Like you, I have a start up routine of enabling autohold. I also switch off the stop/start unless I'm driving into the town centre.

The other problem with autohold is that it leaves the brake lights on when you're stopped.

Edited by NARU on 15/06/2019 at 21:07