2015 BMW F20 120i - Intermittent false warnings on central display - Danzak Dave

Over the last few months I have experienced numerous irregular warnings for a fault in the lighting system; the warning shows on the central display for a few seconds and then stops. When I check the condition of all lights they are fine. On two occasions, when the outside temp was close to zero, the speedo/rev counter stopped working and the turn indicators would not operate - after 30 seconds or so it all went back to normal. I am now getting occasional warnings of low tyre pressure; tyres checked and pressures correct - this warning has to be reset via the iDrive controller. The main car battery was replaced recently and shows 12.6v using a multimeter. The alternator shows it charging at 14.9v at idle. A diagnostic check at an independent garage revealed no fault codes saved on the system. Any ideas?

2015 BMW F20 120i - Intermittent false warnings on central display - elekie&a/c doctor

Do you have any non standard electrical gizmos fitted? Do the rear parking sensors work? Any evidence of water in the boot area? Sounds like you have some sort of electronic corruption causing a problem on the Can communication line. Could be tricky to fix easily.

2015 BMW F20 120i - Intermittent false warnings on central display - Danzak Dave

Do you have any non standard electrical gizmos fitted? Do the rear parking sensors work? Any evidence of water in the boot area? Sounds like you have some sort of electronic corruption causing a problem on the Can communication line. Could be tricky to fix easily.

Thanks for the tip, I'll look for any water ingress in the boot area but won't get a chance until the weekend. No non standard gizmos fitted and the rear parking sensors work ok. What is the Can comm line?

2015 BMW F20 120i - Intermittent false warnings on central display - elekie&a/c doctor

More info here; en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAN_bus

Cheers for the link, sounds as though water could be the culprit so I'll check all voids where it could gather. Many thanks

I have now checked all voids in the boot but there is no trace of any water or even moisture - it's bone dry everywhere. Any other thoughts?

I think you are going to need a workshop that can run a diagnostic check using the genuine Bmw Ista system. This is a far more comprehensive tool and may pull out a fault related to your problem.

Ok, thanks for your input