"DPF fluid is low, fill up" - Peugeot 508 Woes - taxidriversteve

And thus it starts

Car is a 2012 1.6 diesel with the Eloys system with a tank under the car...

So it went into Peugeot dealers with a quote to fill tank and reset the tank

6 hours later and they tell me i need:-

A windscreen, a clutch, a tyre, a car battery, a key battery, front brakes (only done 12,000 miles ago), and other bric-a-brac

However the DPF is FUBAR and they wont fill the DPF fluid tank

Eventually they get 1ltr in but wont "bother" resetting it...........£180

Ive the whole printout

Tonight a local mechanic does a diagnostic to find NO error codes but the following for the tank, P1445, P15B3 and P1446 which indicate a filling issue but he has never seen them before but he states the DPF is NOT blocked

Another source informs me the tank weighs itself to monitor how much DPF fluid is in the tank and this could be an issue...

Feeling pretty hacked off.... car is now on 110k and has run perfect ti it was filled up on saturday, it seems the opening of the filler cap triggers a dose of fluid into the fuel..

"DPF fluid is low, fill up" - Peugeot 508 Woes - RichardW

P1445 is max additive in the DPF

P1446 is additive low

P15B3 is (also) additive low

The first one means the ash level in the DPF filter has reached the (PSA defined) max level, the other 2 relate to the additive. If you tell it that the additive has been refilled (under repair options, not code clearing) then the last 2 will go away. In theory you should change the DPF to get rid of the first one, however, cleaning it using one of the proprietary off car cleaners will work - or you can just tell the computer that you have replaced it, and it should go on regenerating fine. As this is a work car, I would favour getting it off and cleaning it to give it another 100k of life.

"DPF fluid is low, fill up" - Peugeot 508 Woes - Gibbo_Wirral

From personal experience (not on a 508):

You need to have your counters reset with Planet.

How much additive is used / left is calculated by each time the filler cap is opened and a quantity of EOLYS is injected into the system.

Have a look on Peugeotforums.com - there's a very comprehensive thread of filling it yourself and getting a member with Peugeot Planet to reset the counters, as well as cleaning the DPF to get a bit more life out of it.

I'm afraid you've been fleeced though. I'm sure the additive is only around £35 a litre.

If you need a cheap replacement DPF, then CATS2U are good. If you're on your original , then 110k is pretty good going.

Edited by Gibbo_Wirral on 01/05/2019 at 13:26

"DPF fluid is low, fill up" - Peugeot 508 Woes - R0cket
What on earth is dpf fluid? Do you mean diesel exhaust fluid? Or ad-blue.
"DPF fluid is low, fill up" - Peugeot 508 Woes - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}

1 Litre + Re-fill Kit Pat Eolys DPF/Diesel Particulate Filter Fluid DPX 42/176

Is an example of the fluid required. Just googled it and it is common terminology.

Edited by Glaikit Wee Scunner {P} on 17/06/2019 at 11:04

What on earth is dpf fluid? Do you mean diesel exhaust fluid? Or ad-blue.

Neither.

http://c4owners.org/plugins/faq/faq.php?0.cat.10.44

"DPF fluid is low, fill up" - Peugeot 508 Woes - Shay747

Hello, my problem is very identical to the problem above. Only that my esp light is the only light coming up . When my mechanic scanned it it shows additive low. P1445 and i would need to add additive that's all . I was thinking what has additive got to do with esp ? So I took the car to peugeot to scan the code. they came back telling me i need to change my dpf filter that it was 100% full and Cost like 900 Euros plus . i ran back to my mechanic with this info and he told me that if dpf is full car won't drive above 60km/hr so he refilled it with eloys. additive Found out It wasn't even empty but the esp light won't go away anyways. Did regeneration told me it was successful . Tried to clear the code but won't go away. Then had to "recode" it. .... The problem i have with the car is just the same. If i accelerate fast the esp light comes up with message " have the vehicle repaired" now they told me the only code coming up is mass sensor reading high .... very confusing. I still have this problem. They tried cleaning the maf sensor, didn't help. I don't want to spend money on everything else only to realise i only needed to change dpf filter to solve this mess. ...

The EOLYS additive is used to help clean the DPF.

But, it will only go so far. Eventually the DPF will reach end of life and can no longer be cleaned.

Not sure where you are but CATS2U are good for cheap DPFs.

I've no idea why you cleaned the MAF though. It doesn't need any attention.

See my earlier post on this thread, everything on there still stands.

Edited by Gibbo_Wirral on 06/01/2020 at 12:20