Peugeot 307 SW - Cooling problem on 2003 pug 307 - SHAUN WHEELER

Hi i currently been having a problem with my car's cooling system. The car is regularly overheating and the STOP warning light starts flashing. Although the water resivoir didn't always need topping up whenever I twisted the cap off and pressure was released the water would begin to rise and overflow so then more water was then needed. I was under the impression that the temp of the new water was kicking in the thermostat and allowing the temp to drop. Maybe I was wrong. I was informed by somebody that the relay switch could need replacing. So I got a new one and replaced it. (The black relay) it seemed to work a lot better for about a week before it began happening again and upon inspection I noticed that the 30a fuse located by the fan had blown so replaced that but then I noticed that there was a wire corroded away from somewhere and it appeared to be going to the other relay (the green one) so I stripped it back and refitted it into the socket, cleaned off the green relays terminals and pushed it back in. The problem is still occuring and I'm not sure what I'm missing could somebody please help

Peugeot 307 SW - Cooling problem on 2003 pug 307 - elekie&a/c doctor
Have you checked to see if the cooling fan actually works? If I recall , these are 2 speed ,
Peugeot 307 SW - Cooling problem on 2003 pug 307 - Gibbo_Wirral

Google "Planet owners map" and find a local fellow Pug owner who can test the fan for you.

307s have an issue where the fan relays under the bonnet slam panel get corroded due to the elements over the years. Strip down, clean and re-protect.

I'd also look at draining and replacing the coolant, and also checking for a blocked matrix. May as well replace the expansion tank cap too.

Don't forget all the bleed points too!

Edited by Gibbo_Wirral on 17/04/2019 at 13:15