Fuel Price increases??? - Jack Newson
Has anyone else heard that fuel price's are about to rise????

My brother-in-law works in London and the word on the street down there is that fuel is about to rise again, this time though instead of the odd pence they are going to make it 3 or 4.

It is something about a crisis in the Middle East, I didn't really listen to the reason cos he was "off on one"!!

Anyone else heard anything???
Re: Fuel Price increases??? - John Slaughter
Probably the recent news item that OPEC are again suggesting that they might restrict supplies to sustain/recover crude prices which have been falling recently. Nothing really new - they realise they have a valuable commodity, and wish to maintain its value.

However, lon term, they won't want prices of oil to get too high to fast. The trick is to keep them always below the price that makes alternatives economically viable.

Regards

john
Re: Fuel Price increases??? - Andy Bairsto
The trouble in Palastine always gives the market shivers and tends to hike the price .Do not forget all out war would basically cut of the UK light crude reaching Rotterdam,whereas other countries in Europe use Russian ,Iranian and South American crude If you look at the crude oil prices on the Rotterdam spot you will see that they are as low as ten years ago.What has happened is taxes have risen and operating costs in the Uk are now out of sync with the rest of Europe by around 30%.
Oil will only get more expensive.I have started using my bike again for short and I mean short journeys.
Regards Andy Bairsto
Re: Fuel Price increases??? - Tim Guymer
When does the suspension of the 2p in tax end?
Re: Fuel Price increases??? - Andy
I read today that our lovely Gordon will soon be desperate for the equvalent of about 4pence on income tax. Go on, Gordy - try putting it on petrol! Just try!