Honda Civic Diesel Auto EX 2018 - Wheels on Honda Civic 2018 - robh567

What tyres should come fitted to a New (Sept 18) Honda Civic IDEC auto EX?

My Civic came with Continental 235/45 R17's. By putting a straight edge across it is apparent these do not offer any protection against kerbing the rim.

I have driven over 150,000 miles in Civics over the last 5 years and not damaged a wheel once. But within the 1st week I had kerbed 3 wheels.

I visited my local dealership and noticed the car now has Michelin 235/45/R17's (which offer more protection). I have spoken to Honda UK and they are evasive as to whether the correct tyres were fitted in Swindon.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Honda Civic Diesel Auto EX 2018 - Wheels on Honda Civic 2018 - gordonbennet

Most makers fit a variety of tyre brands to their cars, i've had a lorry loaded with 10 new cars at one time with 4+ different makes of tyres fitted, and seen various makes fitted to every make of car i carried, even those straight from factory could have 3 makes on one load.

Those Michelins might look like they offer some sort of a rim protector, but in practice they may well do very little to prevent kerb damage, a 45 aspect tyre especially one that wide isn't going to offer any protection to the wheel.

Edited by gordonbennet on 13/02/2019 at 12:11

Honda Civic Diesel Auto EX 2018 - Wheels on Honda Civic 2018 - Happy Blue!

I had tyres with a little rubber bead around the edge as a karb protector, It failed miserably when I scraped my 45 section tyres against a very deep kerb (the road dropped down where there was a gulley), and the centre of wheel met the face of the kerb.

£60 per corner to have them refurbished...

Honda Civic Diesel Auto EX 2018 - Wheels on Honda Civic 2018 - SLO76
Depends on the deal they’ve struck at the time. It can change regularly.
Honda Civic Diesel Auto EX 2018 - Wheels on Honda Civic 2018 - Falkirk Bairn

>>What tyres should come fitted to a New (Sept 18) Honda Civic IDEC auto EX?

S&SE are typically 17"

EX 18" 225/60 with 19" option