Ford Focus 2001 - Leak on Power Steering Hose - Simon81

Hi,

Further to my previous post I've determined that I've got a leak on the pressure sensor attached to the power steering hose that runs from the pump to the rack.

Here's a photo of the part (Ford Focus part number 1098977).

http://www.piesefordtransitconnect.ro/foto/foto/1498665945.jpg

And here's some photos of my leaking pressure sensor.

imgur.com/a/8rgyFvx

I have a few questions:

1) Does anyone know where I might be able to just buy the pressure sensor? I looked on eBay and can only see the whole part (pipe and sensor), or just the pipe without the sensor. I'm not sure how capable I'm going to be at replacing the pipe, but pretty sure I could screw on a new sensor...

2) I'm guessing there's no harm in just trying to tighten it? Or do you think it might actually be broken or damaged from the leak? Looks a bit like the leak is coming straight out of the sensor/connector as opposed to by the bolt.

3) If I have to replace the pipe do you know how hard will it be to do this myself? It's pretty awkward to get to, as the pump is back left behind the engine and I can't access it from below (although I'm not sure if that would help anyway?).

Apologies for the length of this post!

Any help you can give me would be great!

Thanks

Simon

Ford Focus 2001 - Leak on Power Steering Hose - elekie&a/c doctor

These switches usually leak up through the plastic body,so tightening it does not fix it. You should be able to buy a switch via a car parts shop ,or there must be hundreds of these in the breakers yards. I would suggest you don't attempt to replace the pipe, this can lead to more leaks.

Ford Focus 2001 - Leak on Power Steering Hose - Simon81

Hi,

Yeah, you're right, it does appear to be coming straight out of the plastic body.

Thanks for the tip on who to call as well. I tried a few without luck and sent some emails as everywhere appears to be closed now.

And I think you're right about not replacing the pipe, probably a bit outside of my technical abilities! Although it hopefully won't be necessary anyway. I may just have to buy the sensor with pipe attached and then keep the pipe for spare.

Thanks for the help!