2007 kia cee'd CRDI 1.6 Diesel - Short on Mass airflow sensor - northlodger

I had a breaking down on M25 last Friday night. The car ran as normal at 70 MPH till the speedometer suddenly dropped to zero and I lost power completely. At that time, the engine was still running, but no power was delivered to the wheels and I had to pull over and switched off. After that, I could not switch on the engine and had to call rescue.

The following day, I found a fuse, that is next to the engine is blown. It is #11, 'SNSR2'. I put on new fuses, and they got blown straight away. I then disconnected a few sensors and put on new fuses to determine which sensor is at fault. It turns out to be the MAF sensor. I leave it disconnected, the engine can be turn on, but runs without power, which is expected.

I clean the MAF with some Halfords electric contact cleaner and replace the air filter, but it doesn't make any difference. As soon as I connect the MAF sensor, the #11 fuse gets blown.

I tried to find information on web, but nothing seems to match the symptoms. Has anyone got similar experience or insight about the problem?

2007 kia cee'd CRDI 1.6 Diesel - Short on Mass airflow sensor - Gibbo_Wirral

I'd check the wiring to the MAF first.

MAFs do fail over time and age, but I've never known one to blow fuses.

However, I have seen worn, frayed and broken wires due to age and shaky diesel engines.