Corsa 1.3 cdti '08 Plate - Problems with Corsa Intermittent starting winter - Louis Axcell

Please Help

Have a Corsa 1.3 cdti 08 plate. Bought in July 2017. Ran perfectly until october/november when began to not start or take numerous attempts to start. Only got worse and was left over the winter months with no starting. Taken to mechanic and had new glow plugs, EGR valve, air filter and battery and returned to me still not starting. Around March time the car started to start again and after a month was then reliable again through the summer months starting all the time. Low and behold, got to october just gone and same problems started again. Hardly started over november and december (starts around once every week/two weeks). 2 other mechanics had no idea. Just been seen by another, he has told me the following:

He pulled fuel pipe away and turned it over and no fuel being pumped (ignition turning over) so he put on a new fuel pump and tested it, still no fuel present so I know it isn't the fuel pump. Can't be engine related as runs fine when it starts apparently. So he thinks he may be some kind of wire/electric/immoboliser fault!! He said to post on here as best chance is finding someone who has had same issue and resolved it. PLEASE ANYONE EXPERIENCED THIS BEFORE Frustrating the life out of me!!!

Corsa 1.3 cdti '08 Plate - Problems with Corsa Intermittent starting winter - elekie&a/c doctor
The Fiat Multijet engine fitted to these are notoriously troublesome and can be a total money pit to try to get them running correctly. Low compression , worn injectors and various other issues can cause starting problems. At 10 years old , this engine has done its time. Move it on and buy a petrol car.
Corsa 1.3 cdti '08 Plate - Problems with Corsa Intermittent starting winter - paul 1963
The Fiat Multijet engine fitted to these are notoriously troublesome and can be a total money pit to try to get them running correctly. Low compression , worn injectors and various other issues can cause starting problems. At 10 years old , this engine has done its time. Move it on and buy a petrol car.

Not a particularly helpful post Doc, not everyone can afford to replace there car at the first sign of trouble.

OP try asking on a Vauxhall forum, sounds like a electrical problem to me, something's not happy at the first sign of cold and damp....Sorry I can't be more help .

Corsa 1.3 cdti '08 Plate - Problems with Corsa Intermittent starting winter - Avant

I remember this on a normally reliable Peugeot many years ago when it had just been serviced and someone had tampered with something they shouldn't.

I'm no technician, but there is likely to be a non-return valve somewhere in the fuel feed system which is faulty, and fuel is draining back onto the tank and then taking forever to be pumped back when you try to start the car.

Corsa 1.3 cdti '08 Plate - Problems with Corsa Intermittent starting winter - Gibbo_Wirral

I had a similar problem with my Peugeot 308. Worked fine all Summer then really intermittent during the winter. No fault lights or codes. Two mechanics also stumped.

Even though it defied all logic and the current one seemed fine, someone on a Peugeot 407 group said they had the same problems and it was the starter.

So I replaced the starter, and it worked absolutely fine after that.