- Captain-Cretin
Back to where I once belonged.

The difference in reliability between the so called premium European makes, and a decent Far East produced car are enormous.

I was chatting to a BMW Mini owner in a car park a few days ago; having noted his new Mini was shiny and my old Mitsi really dirty; I posed the question "How much do you think this has cost me in repairs over the last 10 years".

"£5,000", was his guess.

£9.65 is the correct answer.

Yeah, that decimal point IS in the right place.
- jchinuk
Re : Fuelling discontent, I'm not a legal expert, but if that was the only report of 'contaminated fuel' from that filling station that week, I fear that any legal case will be tricky to prove. Perhaps an appeal through the local press to find any other sufferers might come forward, strenghtening your case.
- masiv
The Discovery phase

A decent replacement for the Discovery Sport would be a Lexus NX300h Hybrid.

197hp, up to 54mpg, allwheel drive, oodles of kit, and Lexus reliabilty and customer service, which is as good as it gets.

- Tester
Scenic Views

The fact that it had 16,000 miles between annual MoT tests doesn't say anything about what (if any) servicing has been done during that year. My current car has covered about 18,000 miles in the past year but has been serviced on miles, not time since last service.