Citroen C1 - CAT N Vehicle Insuring? - jazzyman

I am considering purchasing a CAT N vehicle. It's a 2009 Citroen C1, car is in very good condition with low miles. If I understand correctly a CAT N vehicle is a vehicle with very minor damage with no structure damage. My main concern is do I have to notify my insurers that the Vehicle is a CAT N when I insure the vehicle? and if so would there be an extra premium?

Citroen C1 - CAT N Vehicle Insuring? - bathtub tom

I think you'll find they know as soon as you tell them the registration number, so I suggest you don't try and 'wing' it.

Citroen C1 - CAT N Vehicle Insuring? - jazzyman

I am not trying to wing it, that's the last thing that I want to do. Just would like to know if anyone else have had problems and increased premiums when trying to insure a cat n vehicle?

Citroen C1 - CAT N Vehicle Insuring? - Andrew-T

My 9-year-old car was written off in a minor no-fault collision a couple of years ago, but I had it repaired and it is still running. If the car passes a MoT test I don't think there should be a problem. The insurers will certainly know about the car's status from the DVLA record.

Although it is the vehicle that is insured, the premium depends on the model, your driving history and where it is kept, not what happened to the car last year.