BMW 318d 2006 - Second battery compartment - flyerdave01

Hi, i know that the starting battery is located in the rear boot on the right hand side but I may decide to place a leisure battery in the boot also ( I have done this before on a 406). On the left hand side in the boot is another space, similar to where the cars battery is housed currently holding the jack I think? Would this be strong enough to place a 65amp leisure battery in?

Thanks

BMW 318d 2006 - Second battery compartment - elekie&a/c doctor

Can't see any problem with that. I think the boot floor is made of plastic/composite material Just make sure the battery is secure to the floor. Also you need to use a smart split charge relay to charge the leisure battery.

BMW 318d 2006 - Second battery compartment - Andrew-T

Can't see any problem with that. I think the boot floor is made of plastic/composite material Just make sure the battery is secure to the floor.

That's the important bit - a battery weighs several kilos and its compartment needs solid attachment points in the right places. Also possibly acid-resistant surfaces.

BMW 318d 2006 - Second battery compartment - sandy56

Why bother with installing a 2nd leisure battery?

WOuldn't it make more sense just to use a battery booster pack to power your ancillaries when required?

www.halfords.com/workshop-tools/garage-equipment/b...l

like this?

We use one and it has become very useful whilst running 4 vehicles.

BMW 318d 2006 - Second battery compartment - RT

Why bother with installing a 2nd leisure battery?

WOuldn't it make more sense just to use a battery booster pack to power your ancillaries when required?

www.halfords.com/workshop-tools/garage-equipment/b...l

like this?

We use one and it has become very useful whilst running 4 vehicles.

At 6 Ah capacity that's a lot less than a second car or leisure battery, around the 80-100 Ah mark.