Ford Fiesta 1.0 petrol (2017) - Fiesta Engine Management Light - mhenderson

My car's EML is stuck on, and I'm reluctant to use the car until it's been checked. The local Ford dealer says he has had several Fiestas with this, and a software update was needed to correct it. A couple of weeks ago, the screen was telling me that the average mpg was dropping fast, while doing a steady 60 on dual carriageway. Maybe that's part of it.

Will see what happens when it's connected up on Thursday. I wondered if anyone else has had this happen.

Ford Fiesta 1.0 petrol (2017) - Fiesta Engine Management Light - elekie&a/c doctor

the eml light covers a multitude of different faults. Without any diagnostic test,it is impossible to guess what may be wrong. I would certainly check the levels of the engine oil and coolant before driving any further.

Thanks. They were fine. It will be connected up. I did think the tail pipe looked a bit sooty though, but no doubt that will show up if it is not running right, and not just caused by slow driving in congested roads round here.

Problem was a sensor in the exhaust which told the engine how rich the mixture was running, hence the sooty tailpipe and erratic readings re fuel consumption. Glad to get it back.

After a sensor was replaced, and the problem seemed solved, a week or two later, it all happened again. Another fault was that the radio/sound system refused to switch off, and these were corrected by replacing the PCM, the car's computer.

No further troubles so hope it's behaving properly now. Glad it was all done under warranty.