Land Rover Range Rover Sport - Understanding Your Costs - AutomotiveDetective

In an attempt to determine how much i'm actually spending on my car (considering everything but fuel), I came across this calculator on Facebook so decided to share it.

(Link deleted)

Wanted to get everyone's thoughts on the accuracy and if your results were as you thought they might be?

My thoughts, as moderator, are that you're trying to get free advertising. You fail.

Edited by Avant on 06/09/2018 at 23:18

Land Rover Range Rover Sport - Understanding Your Costs - BMW Enthusiast

Interesting. My car isn't on finance, I've got a service inclusive package (paid upfront) and with almost 27000 miles covered the tyres are still good. (I had the wheels switched from front to rear at the last service) The car is 15 months old. According to that calculator my car is costing me £65.83 per month! Chicken feed.

Land Rover Range Rover Sport - Understanding Your Costs - skidpan

In an attempt to determine how much i'm actually spending on my car (considering everything but fuel), I came across this calculator on Facebook so decided to share it.

Why on earth does anyone need an app to work out how much they are spending. If you really need to know a piece of paper works very well, simply write it down. Then with the help of your Mk 1 human brain add up what you have spent. If that's too difficult use a calculator.

Its as daft as these mpg apps. Are people so dumb that dividing the miles covered by fuel used is beyond them. Its simple maths for heavens sake, I could have done it when I was at primary school.

Land Rover Range Rover Sport - Understanding Your Costs - Leif

Why on earth does anyone need an app to work out how much they are spending. If you really need to know a piece of paper works very well, simply write it down. Then with the help of your Mk 1 human brain add up what you have spent. If that's too difficult use a calculator.

Its as daft as these mpg apps. Are people so dumb that dividing the miles covered by fuel used is beyond them. Its simple maths for heavens sake, I could have done it when I was at primary school.

It’s very conven8ent to enter miles and litres and get an answer. Nowt wrong with that.

Sounds great!

What car do you drive?

Land Rover Range Rover Sport - Understanding Your Costs - alan1302

You mean you made it and now wanting free advertsing? LOL

Land Rover Range Rover Sport - Understanding Your Costs - John F

Unless you are renting your car with nothing extra to pay when you return it, you cannot possibly know how much it has cost you until you sell it. And even then inflation can render the sum fairly meaningless. My TR7 cost just over £4000 in 1981 - I might get something like that now for it, but I'd need much more to get a nearly new two seater sports car e.g. MX5 today.

Land Rover Range Rover Sport - Understanding Your Costs - drd63

And having populated the app with all the information you find it's costing less or more than you thought what behaviours will that change? If its costing more are you just going to drive less or change to a cheaper to run car? I think not.

How dare you accuse me of such blasphemy.

Land Rover Range Rover Sport - Understanding Your Costs - Avant

I can't see any blasphemy. The only thing that comes near heresy on this forum is people who try to cheat by getting free advertising.

Land Rover Range Rover Sport - Understanding Your Costs - Falkirk Bairn

2 x sons have Discoveries - they reckon that running one costs them around £1,000 per month - they buy them new for cash.

The biggest cost is the depreciation - maybe £18K-£20K in 2 years.

Insurance is cheap in the UK (£350/year), the Texas based son is $3500 / year but he gets his petrol for buttons. Sold before the cars are out of warranty as they are prone to visits to the garage - often need bits & then have to wait as they are on back order!

Range Rovers must be eye wateringly expensive as they are leagues more to buy.