- glidermania
Good grief. A near 6 year old Golf with 14k on the clock and someone wants to trade it for another brand new car that will only do just over 2000 miles every year!? Are some people mad?

The 'new' car will depreciate massively. Save the money and keep it to pay for any 'issues' the 6 year old low mileage Golf may encounter.
-
Re Smoking in Cars:

I have a 2005 Avensis D CAT 2.2. For a few years now, my car, too, emits a lot of smoke as described. But only after about 6 kms following winter starts from cold. This lasts for a couple of minutes. Above about 8C I have not noticed smoke at any time. Like the letter writer, I always assumed it is a DPF clean up.

J Harrison

St Projet
- Phil Marriner
To BM, Derby - XXXXXX Diesel is Premium aka 'Super' Diesel and my emissions fix 2.0 BMT TDI Tiguan runs very sweetly on it and gives good MPG. Used it almost exclusively in the last 9k 4.5 months I have owned the car. The shocker was filling up with ARAL Super Diesel in Germany 2 weeks ago... awful fuel by comparison! Runs nice on regular Texaco Diesel too.
- jchinuk
Re : Faster than a speeding… Surely the 'Bullet' limited edition is the one to go for, given the corresondent's mention of the film?
- jchinuk
By many accounts, including people who work in the MoD, 'prestigious' and Land Rover do not sit well in the same sentence.
- blackertracker
Never heard ‘clanking’ or ‘chattering’ from our 2011 6-speed manual MX-5 2.0. However the gearbox could be stiff until warmed up. Changing the gearbox oil with Castrol Syntrans 75W-90 GL-4 cured this and made the shift quality noticeably slicker. Perhaps something for JK to try.
- Eudo H.
Re: Giving up Golf. The owner may perhaps mitigate his/her losses by hiring an italian to finetune the car before the sell.
- General de Goole
Can’t believe you’re recommending a Peugeot Rifter van-derived MPV for a Mercedes C-Class owner. He specifically asked for something “not too bulky”. He’d likely prefer a Volvo XC40, a Honda HR-V, or (offbeat choice) a Kia Soul.