Dacia Logan - New gearbox - johnnyrev
The Logan spent today at the dealer as the gears are crunching between 1st and 2nd (but not 2nd to 1st, or in any other gear). I had no clue what might be wrong, I’ve never had a gearbox problem before.

But, there is a fault within the gearbox and a new one is now on order. Apparently it’s a rare fault, the dealer had not come across anything like it, and Dacia want the old box back to have a look (hence it’s a replacement box and not a repair). That makes me feel slightly better at needing a new gearbox at 2.5 years and 8,000 miles.

I was impressed with the dealer though, who were almost falling over themselves to help and were almost apologetic when I went back. I was wearing my clerical shirt but I’m not sure that made any difference!
Dacia Logan - New gearbox - 72 dudes

Good to hear that they are not trying hard to find ways of rejecting the claim, like we read on here regularly.

They could have said "Sorry Rev, it's the way you drive, premature wear and tear."

As per the other thread, there are some good dealers.

Dacia Logan - New gearbox - daveyK_UK
Which engine does your Logan have?

I was in a Logan MCV stepway recently (the one on stilts with plenty of body cladding), the raised height does make it a more pleasant place to be.
But not sure the considerably more expensive price tag is value for money.

Rumour going round Dacia are considering a small run of 500 Logan Saloons in the UK to see if there is enough interest.
I personally can’t see it happening although interesting Honda is releasing a saloon version of the Civic in the UK and Ford are considering a saloon Focus in the UK (still to be confirmed).
It’s the 0.9l petrol. Which has otherwise been excellent. My local dealer didn’t even have a Logan, let alone a Logan Stepway. The showroom had several Dusters and a Sandero Stepway. Judging by how many Logan’s I see around (none!) I don’t think many are sold, so I can’t imagine a saloon would be any more popular.
Dacia Logan - New gearbox - SLO76
It uses the same gearbox as the previous gen Clio it’s based on and I’ve never seen any major issues with one. In fact Renault manual boxes are as robust as any other with many Clio diesels in particular seeing well over 200k as driving school cars and commuters. Clutches can fail early but it’s almost always down to bad driving which is obviously not the issue here Rev as the firm have quickly decided to act correctly by replacing the box without dispute.
Dacia Logan - New gearbox - retgwte

Dacia are pretty crap at warranty repairs, as are their dealers. Its the worst aspect of owning the car the sheer number of lies and amount of bad service you get from them.

Dacia Logan - New gearbox - alan1302

Dacia are pretty crap at warranty repairs, as are their dealers. Its the worst aspect of owning the car the sheer number of lies and amount of bad service you get from them.

Seems pretty going going from the originals poster...what happened with yours

I now have a brand new gearbox! The dealer had the Logan in for two days this week and all is now fine, with minimal fuss, good dealer service and no cost.

It feels like a different car, much more positive gear shift (no crunching!) and the clutch has a lower and more positive biting point (would they have changed the clutch?). They couldn’t tell me what the fault was as they just put the new one in and sent the old one back.

Had a look at the new Duster in the showroom. A bit dark inside (small windows) and my Logan has more room and a bigger boot. I’ll stick with the Logan for now, hopefully nothing else will go wrong!
Dacia Logan - New gearbox - daveyK_UK

Are you allowed to say which dealer?

Most of the Logan MCV's in my area are used as private taxi's

Dacia Logan - New gearbox - Avant

Johnny is certainly allowed to say which dealer, but only if he wants to.

I suspect that the Logan (which I've never seen advertised) is a victim of the trend towards SUVs, and small SUVs in particular. Dacia won't worry as the Logan's loss is the Duster's gain. I see plenty of those, just getting on and doing the job that a lot of people need a car to do.

It was the Sutton Park Renault/Dacia dealer in Perry Barr, North Birmingham.